Other stories to look out for include peeks at FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER plus a chat with Cynthia Erivo on GENIUS: ARETHA, Joe Rohde on his time with Imagineering, Ron Howard on working with Disney, John Stamos on upcoming BIG SHOT series, and much much more!
The magazine is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps and offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Duo Members as a benefit of their membership. Here’s a deeper look at what to expect very soon!
Gold Member Offer
A stunning fine art print of RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON concept artwork created by Disney animator and artist Paul Felix will be available exclusively to D23 Gold Members on shopDisney starting March 8, 2021 in a limited edition of 500.
- RAYA AND THE LAST DRAGON features a stunning wrap-around cover created exclusively for the publication. The epic film follows the young warrior Raya on her quest to find the titular last dragon in an effort to save her land from encroaching darkness. Kelly Marie Tran (who plays Rose Tico in the Star Wars galaxy) gives voice to the warrior with Awkwafina (Marvel Studios’ upcoming Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings) as the fabled dragon. The two stars, along with directors Don Hall and Carlos López Estrada, sit down to discuss creating this beautiful film that debuts in theaters and with Disney+ Premier Access on March 5.
- THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER stars Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan and director Kari Skogland detail making the second Marvel Studios series for Disney+, and how these two characters deal with their return from “the blip.”
- The legacy of the Muppets is also a major feature. From Muppet Treasure Island (celebrating its 25th anniversary this year) and Dinosaurs (celebrating its 30th)—both available on Disney+—to Muppet*Vision 3D at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, which opened 30 years ago, Henson’s genius lives on in such diverse entertainment as The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History at Walt Disney World Resort, as well as Muppets Now and Earth to Ned on Disney+. His son, director and producer Brian Henson, and puppeteers Dave Goelz and Bill Barretta discuss the longstanding relationship between Jim Henson’s creations and Disney.
Also included in the Spring 2021 issue of Disney twenty-three:
- Director and producer Ron Howard reflects on his longstanding relationship with Disney
- The stars and creative team behind FLORA & ULYSSES reveal high-flying details of the new Disney+ movie about a girl and her super-hero squirrel
- Behind the blasters of the new Disney+ series STAR WARS: THE BAD BATCH with Dee Bradley Baker
- Captain America marks 80 super years in Marvel Comics
- A look at Disney Legends Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston’s The Illusion of Life, a book that is as relevant today as it was 40 years ago
- Recently retired Imagineering legend Joe Rohde toasts 15 thrilling years of Expedition Everest
- Stunning images and amazing stores from National Geographic’s upcoming docuseries Secrets of the Whales
- From the Desk of… Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Academy Award®-winning director Byron Howard (this fall’s Encanto)
- Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, and Ask the Walt Disney Archives
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Duo Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving before the end of February.
See it for Yourself
Disney twenty-three magazine latest issue will begin shipping soon!
LEARN MORE: Info and Details about D23 Gold Membership