With the Lunar New Year just around the corner, Shanghai Disney Resort is getting ready to celebrate the Year of the Ox in style with the newly announced Spring Festival Spectacular! The resort-wide celebration will be filled with special Chinese traditional festive games, sounds and tastes combined with special touches of Disney magic.
Here’s a look at the full roster of offerings for Shanghai Disney Resort “A Spring Festival Spectacular.”
- “Our Families” is a unique show set to take place each night after the Nighttime Spectacular that will illuminate the castle with projections of Disney families – symbolizing hope and best wishes for guests in the year ahead.
- The Shanghainese version of “Once Upon a Time” recorded by renowned Shanghainese actress, Pan Hong, will once again return to the Enchanted Storybook Castle from February 8 through 14.
- Special shows on Mickey Avenue feature Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Clarabelle Cow including “Spring Festival Drum Ceremony” and “Mickey Avenue Shanghai Swing!”
- Clarabelle Cow, a long-time friend of Mickey Mouse, will make her debut at Shanghai Disney Resort, greeting guests with her fun-loving character and sense of humor throughout the festive period.
- “God of Fortune” Goofy will once again bring extra luck and excitement to the celebrations as he dons his traditional costume to welcome guests on Mickey Avenue.
- Mickey Mouse and his pals, including Duffy and Friends, will be dressed up in their new holiday outfits, adorned with festive elements to offer their warmest wishes to everyone visiting during the festive period.
- There will also be a limited-time opportunity to see Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in stylish new costumes designed by famed Chinese designer Guo Pei on February 12 – the first day of the Lunar New Year.
Decor and More
- The resort will be decorated with magnificent holiday décor, iconic Chinese symbols and a splash of magical Disney touches that are sure to bring joy to guests of all ages.
- Guests will also find unique Year of the Ox imagery on a fun new social wall near Il Paperino that serves as an interactive photo backdrop.
- Specially designed Disney Friends decorations can be found dotted throughout the Gardens of Imagination, letting guests soak in the season’s happiness and good fortune, while the Garden of the Twelve Friends will transform into a Spring Festival Wishing Garden, where guests can write messages for the coming year and hang their Wishing Cards.
Across the resort, guests can also find a list of cute and collectable souvenirs, including the Duffy and Friends Tumbler, the Mickey Hot Sipper – containing some of the most flavorful drinks of the holiday – and the Chip ‘n’ Dale Spring Festival Popcorn Bucket inspired by Spring Festival drumming traditions. Menu highlights include:
- At Wandering Moon Restaurant, the reunion meal features beloved Chinese dishes for families to celebrate a traditional “Nianwei,”
- At Royal Banquet Hall they are introducing a festive family tabletop feast for groups of two or four, with fairytale delicacies served in a setting fit for the castle’s royalty.
- Shanghai Disneyland Hotel’s Lumière’s Kitchen will be decked out for the holidays with the restaurant’s sumptuous buffet offering a wide range of traditional Chinese and western dishes, while Aurora will bring guests a special Festival set menu for two.
- At Remy’s Patisserie other seasonal offerings include fruit mousse cakes
- At Il Paperino’s waffle snacks with purple potato ice cream
- At Mickey & Pals Market Café find Chinese-style Spring Festival Afternoon Tea
- The 2021 Spring Festival Mickey and Friends Collection includes popular items like the Chip ‘n’ Dale headband and the cute Mickey family fortune set.
- A limited-release Mickey and Minnie plush in Guo Pei-designed outfits will be available from February 12 for guests looking for an extra-special gift this season.
- The new Duffy and Friends Collection features Spring Festival costumes with ornamental koi fish, longevity peaches, gold ingots and other traditional details that make this line an instant collectible for Disney lovers.
- Guests can shop for gifts, join interactive games and take part in traditional cultural experiences such as dough figurine, Chinese calligraphy, puppet show and shadow play.
- Disneytown Spring Festival Dance Moment features Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Disney dancers in vibrant costumes performing together on weekends throughout the season.
- Guests can also take in the resounding gong beats and impressive acrobatic moves of classic Spring Festival celebrations with the Lion Blessing on February 12 and the Dragon Parade running from February 12 through 16.
At the Hotels
Guests looking to extend the Spring Festival fun are highly recommended to book an immersive stay at one of the resort’s two themed hotels – Shanghai Disneyland Hotel or Toy Story Hotel – both of which are brimming with Spring Festival décor and plenty of activities, including Chinese calligraphy, paper cutting and dragon mask workshops.
See it for Yourself
“A Spring Festival Spectacular” takes place at Shanghai Disney Resort from January 19 – February 26, 2021.