As California continues to hunker down on restrictions allowing theme parks to reopen during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, SeaWorld has joined Knott’s Berry Farm with a work around that allows them to resume operation that remains in step with state guidelines for safety. Starting August 28, 2020 you can visit SeaWorld San Diego for the new Zoo Days: Bayside BBQ & Brews experience.
The ticketed and reservation-required experience will provide the opportunity to not only enjoy a variety of craft brews and BBQ, but also explore 40 acres of the park’s expansive property to enjoy outdoor animal exhibits and fan-favorite marine life animal presentations with physical distancing measures in place.
All tickets come with Tasting Lanyard that includes six food or drink items (alcoholic or non-alcoholic). Additional lanyards will also be available for purchase.
- Find a mix of craft brews and BBQ fare from limited-time, specialty menus designed by SeaWorld’s culinary team including specialty beer-infused BBQ Brisket Sliders, Shrimp Tacos, Grilled Fish, Impossible Burgers, German Bratwurst and more
- Beer lovers can choose a cold brew from a new expansive, curated selection of craft beers, including many SoCal favorites, available throughout the park.
- Open-air, outdoor animal viewing exhibits will be available including Orcas, Bamboo Sharks, Stingrays, Sea Lions, Otters, Penguins, Dolphins (including Magellanic Penguins), Flamingos, and more!
- SeaWorld’s world-famous Dolphin, Sea Lion and Orca Encounter live educational presentations with physically distant seating will also be available
- Up-charge experiences also available including Dolphin Encounter (reservations required), Sea Lion Feeding, and Ray Feeding
ALL GUESTS, including Fun Card holders and Pass Members, must purchase a date-specific ticket online to this limited time experience.
Each ticket includes:
- Park entry
- Animal presentations and outdoor exhibits
- Tasting lanyard to experience our chef created BBQ and paired craft beer offerings.
Tickets are available for $74.99 for adults and $64.99 for children (ages 3-9).
Know Before You Go
- Pass Members and Fun Card Holders may purchase online and make a reservation for over 50% OFF at the special price of $30 for adults and $20 for children (ages 3-9).
- Tickets went on sale Monday, August 24 at 9:00 A.M. PT. Advance reservations strongly recommended.
Health and Safety Measures
In compliance with state safety guidelines for zoos, SeaWorld, a licensed, permitted and accredited zoo, will operate with enhanced health and safety protocols for cleaning and sanitizing, physical distancing, face covering requirements, and temperature screenings.
In addition to enhancing the park’s already strict health and safety measures, capacity will be significantly limited to create even more open space for a visit that provides ample opportunity to be physically distant. Date-specific tickets for this experience must be purchased online in advance to help manage capacity. The number of tickets available each day is limited and can be purchased starting Monday, August 24 at 9:00 A.M. PT.
SeaWorld San Diego has launched a new safety website with detailed information about the measures that guests can expect when they arrive at the park, including key operational changes. Specific information can be found by visiting seaworldsandiego.com/safety.
See it for Yourself
Zoo Days: Bayside BBQ & Brews at SeaWorld San Diego will run Fridays through Sundays, from 11:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., August 28-September 27, 2020 (plus Labor Day).