After less than a month since its grand reopening, Hong Kong Disneyland is once again closing its gates in response to a reported uptick in cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus. Hong Kong Disneyland park will temporarily close starting July 15, 2020. As with previous closures, a reopening date remains to be determined.
New updates to the official website confirm the closure comes as required by the government and health authorities and in line with the prevention efforts taking place across Hong Kong.
Reservations and Refunds
The Standard Day Ticket is valid for six months from the purchase date. If needed, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort will assist in the refund for guests who have purchased tickets for admission to Hong Kong Disneyland park or have booked a resort hotel.
Day Tickets and In-Park Products
- Refund request may be made on or before September 30, 2020 for unused Park Tickets, unissued Magic Access, and other unused Park-related products and services designated by Hongkong International Theme Parks Limited, such as tour products, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique experiences and meal vouchers in the Park (collectively “Designated In-Park Products”) which have not expired.
- For Guests who have purchased Park Tickets, Magic Access and Designated In-Park Products through one of the Resort’s direct-to-consumer channels, including our official website, Main Entrance ticket booths and Disney Reservation Center, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Guest name and confirmation number to make the refund request.
- For Guests who have purchased Park Tickets, Magic Access and Designated In-Park Products through our official WeChat Mini Program, Fliggy Flagship Store and the Resort’s official travel partners, please reach out to your original purchase channel to make the refund request. Hong Kong Disneyland will provide the best possible assistance as appropriate.
Hotels Will Remain Open
The Hong Kong Disneyland Resort hotels will remain open with adjusted level of services. The hotels have put in place enhanced health and safety measures that reflect the guidance of health and government authorities, such as social distancing measures and increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitization.
Existing Hotel Bookings
- Guests who have reserved Hotel rooms with an arrival date on or before September 30, 2020, except as otherwise outlined in the terms and conditions applicable to the product in question, can cancel or amend the reservation at least 72 hours prior to the arrival date.
- For Guests who have booked resort hotels through one of the Resort’s direct channels, including our official website and Disney Reservation Center, please contact Disney Reservation Center at email@example.com with Guest name and confirmation number for amendment or cancellation requests.
- For Guests who have booked a resort hotel stay through our official WeChat Mini Program, Fliggy Flagship Store and the Resort’s official travel partners, please reach out to your original booking channel for amendment or cancellation requests. Hong Kong Disneyland will provide the best possible assistance as appropriate.
Magic Access Annual Membership
- Magic Access membership validity dates will be extended based on the number of days the Park is temporarily closed and according to the membership tiers. Details will be communicated to members later.