Jump starting just a few days ahead of Disneyland park in Anaheim’s proposed plans, Disneyland Paris confirmed that it will begin its phased reopening starting July 15, 2020 following its several-month closure due to COVID-19 coronavirus.
As with Disney Parks all around the world, the European destination will boast some similar procedural changes including controlled capacity with a new online reservation system and new health and safety protocols. The reopening is following guidance from French government and health authorities and has reportedly been discussed with Union Representatives from the Comité Social et Economique (CSE).
Phased Reopening Schedule
- Disneyland Park
- Walt Disney Studios Park
- Disney’s Newport Bay Club Hotel
- Disney Village
Opening July 20
- Disney’s Hotel Cheyenne
- Disney’s Hotel Santa Fe
Opening September 7
- Disneyland Hotel
To Be Determined
Through at least this summer, the following will remain closed.
- Disney’s Sequoia Lodge Hotel
- Disney’s Davy Crocket Ranch
Advance Reservation System
All guests including those in possession of (or buying) non-dated tickets and Annual Pass holders will be required to use a new online reservation system set to launch in early July.
- Guests who already have a dated ticket do not need to register and reserve a date.
- Guests with packages that include park admittance will receive admission for the duration of their stay and do not need to use the new online reservation system.
No On-Site Sales
Ticket sales will not be available on site. Ticket and package are on sale on the resort’s website, Disneyland Paris call center and official travel partner channels, with a limited number of tickets available each day during the initial reopening phase.
New Safety Protocols
On July 15, the majority of Disneyland Paris’ attractions, rides, shopping, food and beverage locations will resume operations but a series of changes will be made to accommodate for safety requirements.
- Face coverings required for all Cast Members and guests ages eleven and older
- More than 2,000 sanitizing and hand washing stations will be available throughout the resort, especially at the entrances and exit of each attraction, boutique, restaurant and theater
- Increased frequency of cleaning measures in addition to the standards of cleanliness already in place
- Moving forward, increased cleaning and disinfection procedures will be in place in high-traffic areas such as handrails, tables, handles and restrooms
- Overnight procedures will clean targeted areas
- Prior to reopening, the resort kitchens, sanitary facilities and attractions will undergo appropriate cleaning
- The configuration of each ride including boarding will be adapted for physical distancing between groups or families.
- Single Rider and FASTPASS services will be unavailable.
- Experiences that draw large group gatherings such as Disney Stars on Parade, the nighttime spectacular Disney Illuminations and some indoor shows will return at a later date.
- The Lion King: Rhythms of the Pride Lands will reopen during the summer and theaters will adopt a new seating configurations to promote physical distancing.
- Disney Character meet and greets will be temporarily unavailable.
- New Selfie Spots will be available for socially distanced photos
- Close interactions, including hugs, will be temporarily suspended.
- Playgrounds will also be unavailable during this time.
Restaurants seating capacity will be reduced, while a new Take-Away offer will allow guests to enjoy eating in the many outdoors locations available in both parks. Buffet restaurants will change to a new all-you-can-eat table service offer.
Disneyland® Paris boutiques will be open and reconfigured to create a larger circulation space. Different entry and exit paths will be used in both restaurants and boutiques, while contactless payment will be encouraged and sneeze guards installed at points of sale.
In Disney Hotels, elevators will be used one family at a time and sneeze guards will be installed at front desks. Accelerated check-in procedures will be established and room service will be adapted with physical distancing measures.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures in several high-touch areas such as handles, light switches, thermostats, remotes and more
- Unique/new cleaning microfiber being used for each room, sanitation of amenities, use of double pillow covers and removal of items like pens, paper and throw pillows.
- Housekeeping will not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested by the guest.
Every guest staying at a Disney Hotel or Disney Nature Resort will benefit from Extra Magic Time and can therefore enjoy access to park areas before official opening times.
See it for Yourself
Disneyland Paris begins its phased reopening July 15, 2020.
To provide guests with maximum flexibility, new booking conditions are now available to include cancellations and modifications without fees (excluding transport) on stays in the Disney Hotels anytime up to seven days before the arrival date. Specific details are available on www.disneylandparis.com.