Universal Orlando Resort has provided the latest details surrounding its policies and procedures for their COVID-19 coronavirus response. On Thursday, May 14, 2020, Universal Orlando’s CityWalk will begin limited operation of select venues, marking the occasion as as the “first steps toward reopening our destination.”
The full statement is found below with bolding by us for emphasis.
The health and safety of our guests and team members remains our top priority and we are taking specific measures that include screening our guests and team members, social distancing and requiring everyone to wear a face covering. We will also be limiting capacity at venues and increasing our already-aggressive cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Select venues are scheduled to open daily from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. and include:
- Select full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations: Red Oven Pizza Bakery, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant & Market, Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville (outside seating and Lone Palm area only), Voodoo Doughnut and Auntie Anne’s. Each restaurant will have a limited menu and limited seating available.
- Universal Studios Store, Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company’s retail shop and select merchandise carts as well as Hollywood Drive-In Golf
We will continue to monitor conditions and make adjustments as we move forward. Additional venues may be added over time and hours of operations are subject to change. We will continue to work closely with local health officials and our own health and safety experts and adhere to CDC guidelines. Here are specifics:
- Our team members will undergo temperature checks and will wear face coverings.
- We will implement temperature checks for each guest upon arrival. If a guest has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater, they will not be able to enter CityWalk.
- We will require guests to wear face coverings during their visit. We will have face coverings available for purchase at cost.
- Each venue will limit capacity to help enforce social distancing, and all chairs and tables will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each seating. High-touch surfaces throughout CityWalk will be frequently cleaned and disinfected as well.
- Cashless payments will be available at all venues, and self-parking will be complimentary.
We encourage guests to follow CDC guidelines and conduct temperature checks prior to arrival. Guests should evaluate their own risk as they determine whether to visit. And, in line with CDC guidelines, we specifically do not recommend older adults or individuals at high-risk with severe underlying medical conditions visit our facilities.
For information on CDC guidelines, click here. For more information about Universal Orlando’s policies during this time, visit our website.
Universal Orlando’s theme parks and hotels as well as Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk Hollywood remain closed through at least May 31.