Celebrating 50 years, the WALT DISNEY ARCHIVES feature on the cover for the Summer 2020 issue of Disney twenty-three magazine but that’s just the beginning for this jam-packed release. Additional highlights include Disney+ updates for several projects including MUPPETS NOW, HOWARD, and ARTEMIS FOWL plus a feature with PROP CULTURE host Dan Lanigan and more nostalgic looks back at various areas of the company history. Of course, a host of tried-and-true features will be found again, too.
The magazine is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps and offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. Here’s a deeper look at what to expect very soon!
WALT DISNEY ARCHIVES celebrates its 50th anniversary, and what was once a one-man operation run out of a one-person office in the Animation Building on The Walt Disney Studios lot has grown into a dedicated team of 30 staff members and a model for archives around the world. Film critic and historian Leonard Maltin explores five remarkable decades of preserving Disney’s most beloved treasures while remaining a vital resource for writers, directors, and, of course, Disney fans.
MUPPETS NOW new series premiere is coming soon to Disney+ and the team bringing the show to life takes Disney twenty-three behind the scenes for a heartfelt look at the show. Plus, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy sit down for an exclusive interview to talk about their return to the screen—and the importance of Miss Piggy, of course.
ARTEMIS FOWL features with Sir Kenneth Branagh, Dame Judi Dench, Josh Gad, and newcomer Ferdia Shaw discussing the adaptation of YA book phenomenon into an epic feature — premiering this June on Disney+.
HOWARD documentary for Disney+ will be featured with director and producer Don Hahn who pens an essay on the making of his moving tribute to Howard Ashman and illuminates the inside story of the award-winning lyricist responsible for some of Disney’s most beloved songs.
SECRET SOCIETY OF SECOND-BORN ROYALS star Skylar Astin reveals his Disneyland favorites, with photos shot exclusively for Disney twenty-three earlier this point year at the resort.
Also included in the Summer 2020 issue of Disney twenty-three:
- Brian Henson takes us on the set of the out-of-this-world Disney+ talk show Earth to Ned, complete with a celebrity-obsessed alien charged with destroying the planet
- Film historian Dan Lanigan gives us an insider look at the making of Prop Culture, the fascinating new Disney+ series that looks at iconic props from timeless films such as Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Mary Poppins
- From The Sound of Music to The Reluctant Dragon, 10 must-see Disney+ movies selected by members of the Walt Disney Archives team
- Dazzling then-and-now Disneyland park photographs—plus an array of classic merchandise—in honor of the park’s 65th anniversary
- Regular features including From the Desk of, By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask the Walt Disney Archives
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving before the end of May.
See it for Yourself
Disney twenty-three magazine latest issue will begin shipping soon.
LEARN MORE: Info and Details about D23 Gold Membership