Shanghai Disneyland is ready to celebrate in a big way this Chinese New Year in celebration of the Year of the
Rat Mouse! The 2020 Spring Festival features the return of beloved entertainment shows, new merchandise, dining and decorations.
Check out below all the details for the Shanghai Disney Resort 2020 Spring Festival!
- Our Families Firework Celebration – Following Ignite the Dream – A Nighttime Spectacular of Magic and Light, a new vibrant fireworks show will wow guests every day throughout the Spring Festival period, with projections on the castle featuring families from beloved classic Disney movies, traditional Chinese elements including calligraphy, lanterns and Spring Festival colors and blessings. This heartwarming celebration will be accompanied by a lush underscore of traditional Chinese music, with narration provided by Mickey himself.
- Mickey and Minnie’s drum ceremony is a performance specially designed to fill each day with good luck and happy wishes each morning throughout the entire holiday period near Storytellers Statue in the Gardens of Imagination
- And in late mornings and early afternoons, Mickey and friends will be joined in celebration by dancers in vintage Shanghai-style clothing, reminiscent of the city’s golden age of jazz and swing. As the music begins and the characters dance, guests won’t be able to resist the urge to dance and swing to the catchy beat!
- Disney Friends dressed in their exciting Spring Festival costumes are ready for pictures at festive photo backdrops around Mickey Avenue.
- Stylish new costumes designed by famed Chinese designer Guo Pei
- “God of Fortune” Goofy will also bring extra luck and excitement to the festivities on Mickey Avenue.
- Select meet and greet locations and in the Wishing Garden, guests can use special wishing cards to record their special wishes to usher in a year of prosperity and good luck.
More to Explore
New Year “Wishing Garden” at the Garden of the Twelve Friends brings celebratory decorations and Year of the Mouse mosaic.
- Mickey-shaped treats and sweets at a various popular locations.
- At Wandering Moon Restaurant, a savory selection of festive flavors will be available for all to enjoy, including Mickey Braised Pork Belly, Steamed Chicken with Stuffing, Steamed Fish with Tofu and more.
- At Royal Banquet Hall in the Enchanted Storybook Castle, the return of the popular festive family reunion tabletop feast for two or four people throughout the Spring Festival period. Designed to bring guests together during the holiday period, the family reunion tabletop feast is ideal for princesses and princes of all ages.
- At Remy’s Patisserie, guests are invited to celebrate the Year of the Mouse with tantalizing desserts, such as the Spring Festival Mickey Cranberry Cupcake and Spring Festival Strawberry Lemon Cake
- At Il Paperino discover Mickey Waffle with Purple Sweet Potato Ice cream.
- At Mickey & Pals Market Café, Spring Festival Mickey and Minnie Afternoon Tea comes complete with delicious brownies, assorted cupcakes and Mickey-themed beverages.
- Shanghai Disneyland Hotel is offering an exclusive offerings
- At the hotel’s Cinderella Ballroom, Spring Festival Banquet on January 23 and 24, 2020 features a range of classic traditional dishes, the banquet recreates a traditional Spring Festival atmosphere, with plenty of fun activities, such as paper cutting, pumpkin carving, sugar painting and dumpling making. While guests enjoy the meal, Mickey and Minnie will appear to surprise guests and to bring New Year fortune!
- At Lumière’s Kitchen will also be decorated in traditional Chinese elements for the holidays. A sumptuous buffet will be offered, including a wide range of fresh seafood, fine meats, traditional Chinese and western dishes and various types of Spring Festival-themed desserts. Diners can also meet Mickey, Minnie and Pluto to enrich their holiday experience.
- Toy Story Hotel will offer at Sunnyside Café a Spring Festival dinner feast from January 24 through January 30, complete with a festive party atmosphere!
- The new Mickey Family 2020 Spring Festival Collection includes Mickey and Minnie plush in new outfits, new festive headbands, adult jackets in classic red and gold colors, mugs designed in the shape of traditional drums, limited-edition Mickey dancing dragon lantern figures, and limited edition Mickey-themed pins. A limited edition set of Mickey and Minnie plush in their unique Guo Pei-designed outfits is also available for guests looking for that extra-special gift this season.
- A new Duffy and Friends merchandise collection is also available, featuring Duffy, ShellieMay, Gelatoni, StellaLou and the newly-arrived CookieAnn, all in their traditional Spring Festival attire – making for ideal gifts and decorations for those looking to bring a fun touch of tradition home with them at this exciting time of year.
- Spring Festival Lucky Bags offer an additional red packet with magical prizes, and a wonderful opportunity to win round-trip air tickets for two to Tokyo, sponsored by China Eastern Airlines.
Spring Festival Carnival in Disneytown
- Lion Blessing and Dragon parades, as well as a series of tents hosting craft stations, food booths, DIY workshops and other activities await guests as they continue their celebrations and shopping.
- In addition, Mickey and Minnie will be performing a joyful dance together alongside a host of Disney dancers in special Spring Festival outfits at weekends throughout the Spring Festival season.
Stay and Play
- Guests looking to extend the magic with an overnight stay at either the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel or Toy Story Hotel will find themselves immersed in a festive environment, complete with beautiful decorations, and workshops in lantern-making, Chinese calligraphy, paper cutting and dragon mask coloring.
- In the lobby, young guests can enjoy listening to traditional stories, solving riddles and festive face painting.
See it for Yourself
The 2020 Spring Festival takes place at Shanghai Disneyland from January 13 through February 9, 2020.