Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is ready to celebrate the Year of the
Rat Mouse with special food, merchandise and entertainment offerings plus the park will also be celebrating Valentine’s Day!
Chinese New Year
WHEN: January 11 through February 9, 2020
- “We Love Mickey!” Projection Show will feature a dazzling Chinese New Year-edition every evening with Mickey dressed in Chinese New Year outfit!
- Mickey’s Lucky Trail features nine spots in the park filled with good luck to help guests collect blessings for the new year during the first three days of the Lunar New Year. Lucky guests can collect the special edition set of two Mickey and Minnie stickers along the trail.
- Disneyland Band will also share happiness with guests by performing a series of CNY-themed songs!
- Mickey and friends will don their Chinese New Year outfits as they wish everyone a Happy New Year filled with good fortune and happiness!
- Guests can also say “Kung Hei Fat Choi” to God of Fortune Goofy at The Annex and take photos with him for extra good luck!
Enjoy a traditional “Lo Hei” at Main Street Corner Cafe, hosted by Coca-Cola®, try the Chinese New Year-themed pastries at Main Street Bakery, and indulge in a decadent “Full House of Golden Treasures Dinner Set” at the Crystal Lotus. Hong Kong residents can enjoy an exclusive year-long Disney Character Buffet Dining Plan, available in either two or three meal package choices.
More than 50 new and exclusive merchandise items are available this year, including brand-new Chinese New Year looks for Mickey and his friends, along with the ever-adorable Duffy and Friends. Guests can ring in Lunar New Year by picking up festive home decorations, red packets, colorful new headbands, and even Year of the Mouse-edition Tsum Tsums. For HKDL’s most fashionable guests, Ariel’s Grotto Coral and Minnie’s REDD color fashion series are perfect for this special time of the year.
More to Explore
- Festive decorations, including fai chun, beautiful lanterns and flowers adorn the park.
Special Limited Time Offers
- Complimentary Disney headband — a great way to start the magical Year of the Mouse at HKDL — when you purchase a 1-day ticket online!
- Mickey Mouse-themed red packet are being given during the first five days of the Chinese New Year (January 25 to 29, 2020). These limited-edition “packs of fortune” make memorable souvenirs and can turn into a traditional “fai chun” banner decoration that guests can hang at home to welcome fortune through their doors.
WHEN: February 1 to 16, 2020
- Mickey and Minnie, along with a group of other classic couples, such as Donald Duck and Daisy Duck, Cinderella and Prince Charming, will join the fun and make surprise appearances.
The newly-opened Midtown Delights will be serving delightfully soft ice cream, made from Hokkaido 5.0 milk or Royal Chocolate, while couples seeking to be pampered can enjoy the indulgent Valentine’s Day dinner at Walt’s Cafe or World of Color Restaurant. Guests who wish to get hands-on and enjoy spending time making food with their loved one can join the pizza-making class at Disney’s Hollywood Hotel, where they will learn to make a heart-shaped pizza. Guests can also enjoy a sumptuous lunch buffet.
HKDL will launch its first-ever Sakura-themed series – an exclusive pink collection that features Minnie Mouse, Winnie the Pooh and Piglet. There is also a special valentine’s collection of Duffy and Friends, which makes the perfect gift. For those who love flowers, they can add an extra sprinkle of creativity by getting a nuiMOs or Tsum Tsum flower bouquet this year. And for those with a sweet tooth, they can satisfy their cravings with a “Dreamer’s Lookout Chocolate Gift Box,” available at Dreamer’s Lookout, the brand-new food and beverage location at the Disney Explorers Lodge. Guests can personalize this gift even more by having their very own initials added to the chocolate, to add a special touch.
Stay and Play
Resort hotel guests can learn more about the traditions of Chinese New Year by participating in a series of limited-time Chinese New Year recreational activities.
Special Valentine’s Day room decoration packages are also available for a little extra romance.
See it for Yourself
Chinese New Year celebrations at Hong Kong Disneyland take place January 11 through February 9, 2020.
Valentine’s Day celebrations at Hong Kong Disneyland take place February 1 to 16, 2020.
But Wait, There’s More!
To add a sprinkle of magic during this festive season, and to make sure that this becomes a memory never to forget, don’t miss out the “1-Day Ticket with Disney Headband Package” special offer, which entitles guests to a complimentary special-edition Disney headband when 1-day ticket is purchased online. For more details, please visit the official site.