Depending on your country, November 12, 2019 will be a pivotal day for Disney fans with the launch of Disney+. The new digital service will be the ultimate way to secure the best content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars National Geographic, and more; all available on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
More details will be revealed this week at the D23 Expo but details confirmed for pricing, international release, and device availability!
On November 12, consumers in the U.S. will get a new and exciting value proposition…
- Bundled offering of Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu for just $12.99USD
At the D23 Expo 2019, attendees will have the opportunity to be the first to subscribe to Disney+ with a special “Founders Circle” offer that grants…
- $23 off per year with a three-year commitment (averages out to be 33% off the standard annual price)
- Exclusive “Founders Circle” pin (while supplies last at the Expo).
The offer is open to all D23 members and D23 Expo Attendees for a limited period during the Expo event running August 22rd – and extended online to Sept 2nd for D23 members.
Devices and Platforms
At launch, consumers will be able to subscribe to Disney+ directly or via in-app purchase and start streaming from the following partner platforms and devices (dependent on country):
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase);
- Google (Android phones, Android TV devices, Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices);
- Microsoft (Xbox One);
- Sony / Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation®4 and all Android based Sony TVs);
- Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models)
International Launch and Pricing
Canada and Netherlands
Disney+ will launch in Canada and the Netherlands in tandem with the U.S. on November 12.
- $8.99CAD per month (or $89.99 per year)
- €6.99 per month (or €69.99 per year)
Australia and New Zealand
The following week, Disney+ will launch in Australia and New Zealand on November 19.
- $8.99AUD per month (or $89.99 per year)
- $9.99NZD per month (or $99.99 per year)
Expectations are to launch in most major global markets within the first two years.
See it for Yourself
Visit DisneyPlus.com to register your email and be kept up to date on the service. Starting today, Disney+ also goes live on social media. Follow along here:
- U.S. and Canada: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- The Netherlands: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Australia: Facebook, Instagram
- New Zealand: Facebook, Instagram