Although the schedule page for the D23 Expo has been launched, Disney still have a bunch more announcements to make with regards to programing for the 2019 event! News is streaming in now about the presence of Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu.
Guests will be the first to experience Disney+ before it launches in the U.S. on November 12. They will also get to step into the world of ESPN+ Original shows with an interactive exhibit, and discover costumes and show props from Hulu’s award-winning original content and on-demand streaming library.
Here’s a full look at what you can find at the D23 Expo 2019.
On the Expo show floor, the Disney+ Pavilion will offer…
- Guests demonstrations of the live Disney+ app as experienced across mobile and connected TV devices
- Costumes and props from Disney+ Originals
- Opportunity to subscribe to the service with a special offer available exclusively to Expo attendees and D23 Members.
Pavilion Stage Programming
The Disney+ Pavilion Stage will host three full days of panels. The tentative schedule is as follows with times subject to change:
- Friday, August 23
- 10 a.m. – ESPN+ Presents Peyton’s Places Special Screening and NFL 100th Anniversary Trivia
- 12 p.m. – Walt Disney Animation Studios Panel with Eric Goldberg and Mark Henn
- 12:30 p.m. – The World According to Jeff Goldblum Q&A with Jeff Goldblum
- 1:15 p.m. – Phineas and Ferb Conversation with Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh
- Saturday, August 24
- 10 a.m. – ESPN+ Presents SneakerCenter Panel moderated by show director Bobbito Garcia
- 11 p.m. – ESPN+ Presents SneakerCenter Demonstration by Mr. Cartoon
- 12 p.m. – Stargirl Performance and Panel
- 1 p.m. – The Simpsons Trivia with Yeardley Smith
- 1:15 p.m. – Marvel’s Hero Project Panel with Sana Amanat, Sarah Amos and Stephen Wacker
- 2:30 p.m. – Forky Asks a Question and Lamp Life Creative Panel with Val LaPointe, Bob Peterson, Mark Nielsen, and Marc Sondheimer
- 3 p.m. – Secret Society of Second Born Royals Q&A with Peyton Elizabeth Lee and Skylar Astin
- Sunday, August 25
- 10:45 a.m. – Prop Culture Movie Prop Showcase and Q&A with Dan Lanigan, Jason Henry, Tony Swatton, and Fon Davis
- 11:15 a.m. – Be Our Chef Games with Angela Kinsey
- 12 p.m. – Monsters At Work Behind-the-Scenes Presentation with Bobs Gannaway and Ferrell Barron
- 12:45 p.m. – The Imagineering Story Conversation with Leslie Iwerks and Bob Weis
- 1:15 p.m. – Short Circuit Creative Panel
- 3:30 p.m. – Pixar’s SparkShorts Screening
- 5 p.m. – ESPN+ Hosted DJ Wrap
Disney+ First Look Showcase
WHEN: Friday, August 23, 3:30 p.m., Hall D23
Fans won’t want to miss this exclusive preview of Disney+ and its exciting slate of original films and series from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. Yvette Nicole Brown (Lady and the Tramp, Elena of Avalor) will host this star-studded presentation packed with never-before-seen content, surprise guests, performances, and reveals, including a first look at Lady and the Tramp, The Mandalorian, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, and many more.
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Sneak Peek Screening and Panel
WHEN: Friday, August 23, 5:30 p.m., D23 Arena
Before the global phenomenon returns in a brand-new series on Disney+, Expo guests are invited to a special advance screening of the first episode and panel with the talented new cast on the arena stage.
At the ESPN+ Pavilion guests will have the opportunity to see and connect with exciting original content, with two interactive exhibits dedicated to new programs making their ESPN+ debut this summer, Peyton’s Places (with five-time NFL MVP Peyton Manning) and SneakerCenter.
- Peyton’s Places: Peyton’s Places is a 30-episode documentary series hosted by Peyton Manning, exclusively on ESPN+. Produced by ESPN+ and NFL Films, the series offers a fun, insightful tour through 100 years of football, following the sport and the league’s rise to an American cultural touchstone. For nearly a year, Manning has crisscrossed the country, visiting the people and places that have played an important part in the making of the NFL—highlighting memorable events, teams, players, and trends over the past century. Peyton’s Places begins streaming on ESPN+ in late July.
- SneakerCenter: SneakerCenter is a series devoted to sneaker culture across sports, entertainment, and more. Told by the star athletes, artists, enthusiasts, and brands powering the global sneaker marketplace, each episode of SneakerCenter will be anchored by a unique narrative, supported by a rotating set of “mixtape-style” segments that take fans deep into every aspect of the sneaker movement. Directed by award-winning filmmaker and acclaimed author Bobbito García, a special preview episode featuring NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo is streaming now, with the full series premiering in the fall.
The Hulu Pavilion will be home to
- More than 20 iconic costumes and artifacts, including the famous red robe worn by the likes of Elisabeth Moss in The Handmaid’s Tale, paintings featured in season one of Castle Rock, and George Clooney’s Catch-22 costume.
- Interactive exhibit with show props from upcoming Hulu Originals like Little Fires Everywhere and select shows found in Hulu’s streaming library, such as The Good Doctor, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and The Goldbergs.
See it for Yourself
D23 Expo 2019 takes place at the Anaheim Convention Center from August 23-25, 2019.
For tickets and info visit D23expo.com. The 3-day passes AND 1-day Saturday tickets are sold out BUT the 1-day tickets for Friday and Sunday event dates are still available. To join D23 and enjoy Gold Member benefits, visit D23.com/join.