Disney twenty-three is looking ahead to a king-sized summer with not just THE LION KING but also STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE. In fact, these cover stories are so big it prompted the publication to once again do double-cover issues for the Summer 2019 release!
One cover features an exclusive new image of STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE (plus are three in-depth stories about—and more exclusive photos from—the new land) while the second cover is an exclusive image from the upcoming THE LION KING (plus an interview with the stars and creative team).
The magazine is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps and offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. Here’s a deeper look at what to expect very soon!
THE LION KING, which opens this July. For this story, Director John Favreau, along with stars Billy Eichner, Seth Rogen, and Shahadi Wright Joseph, talk about bringing the beloved tale to the screen in an all-new way.
STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE will open to guests at Disneyland Resort, and Disney twenty-three had the chance to go behind the scenes to provide fans with a look at the spectacular 14-acre land. The exclusive photos were so breathtaking that D23 expanded this issue to showcase even more of the Black Spire Outpost, with three rich stories that feature exclusive interviews with the Imagineers behind the epic project. Readers will get the lay of the land in the story “A Galaxy Not So Far Away,” explore the two groundbreaking attractions in “Shift Your Setting to Thrill!,” and get swept up in the immersive environments and new technologies in “Living on the Edge.”
We got our first peek this morning on the DPB:
Also included in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three:
- TOY STORY 4 also features in this issue with Disney Legend Tim Allen shares heartwarming stories.
- ALADDIN is also covered with Mena Massoud and Naomi Scott, talk about stepping into a whole new world for a thrilling take on this classic magic carpet ride.
- Disney Theatrical’s 25th anniversary is covered with stars of its original Broadway productions—including James Monroe Iglehart (Aladdin), Kara Lindsay (Newsies), Josh Strickland (Tarzan), Ashley Brown (Mary Poppins), and Patti Murin (Frozen)—share their favorite memories.
- Haunted Mansion celebrates 50 iconic years with Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald who takes readers on a spirted ride through including a look at the new additions to Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris.
- DESCENDANTS 3 Director Kenny Ortega lets the bad times roll in this summer’s new sequel!
- Disney Legend and Walt Disney Archives founder Dave Smith is remembered by Walt Disney Archives director Becky Cline.
- Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Chairman Bob Chapek gives us a look inside his impressive office!
- Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave!
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving in mid-May.
See it for Yourself
Disney twenty-three magazine latest issue will begin shipping soon.
LEARN MORE: Info about D23 Gold Membership