Disney California Adventure will take up the mantel of hosting Disneyland’s Halloween Party this year and the whole event gets a whole new name and focus with the upcoming debut of OOGIE BOOGIE BASH – A DISNEY HALLOWEEN PARTY!
Replacing the popular Mickey’s Halloween Treat which has frequented Disneyland park for several years, this new party seemingly aims to draw focus over to Disney California Adventure amongst continued concerns of crowding due to the upcoming STAR WARS: GALAXY’S EDGE expansion.
So what will the change of scene bring to this year’s party goers? For one VILLAINOUS! (a new World of Color show), Villain greets, a Mickey Mouse stage show, and more!
Here’s the full scoop from Disney:
Trick-or-Treating! Visit candy cauldrons at treat stations throughout the park. Plus enjoy a few extra goodies including…
At Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, the wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains comes to life unlike anything seen before. Redwood Creek will be completely transformed with lighting, projections, sounds and special effects, creating a dreamlike environment. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadow, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
Immersive Treat Trails
Enjoy trick-or-treating at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself will surprise and delight. Additional treat trails will feature over-sized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
This new “World of Color” show is exclusive to Oogie Boogie Bash. In this nighttime spectacular, Oogie Boogie weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl (and all-new character created by Disney animator Eric Goldberg) named Shelley Marie. In “Villainous!,” Shelley has a decision to make about her Halloween costume for this year, and finds herself wondering if she could really be as strong and unique as some of her favorite Disney characters. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows guests that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
Frightfully Fun Parade
The guest-favorite parade is coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow arrives on his ghostly black steed just ahead of the parade itself, carrying his flickering jack-o-lantern. He heralds the arrival of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters, including Jack Skellington and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route. New this year, the ever-curious and whimsical Cheshire Cat joins the parade, mischievously smiling at all the magical mayhem.
A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from Disney Channel. As the DescenDANCE Party begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from all three “Descendants” movies. The original “Villain Kids” might even crash the party through magic mirrors. Once the DescenDANCE crew returns to their realm, the Backlot DJ continues to spin tunes that will make any “Villain Kid” proud, inviting everyone to step onto the dance floor into the night.
Mickey’s Trick and Treat show
Perfect for young guests, at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land. This new, interactive stage production invites guests of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party that include dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales, and candy.
More to Explore
- Character encounters – Meet beloved Disney characters (decked out in their Halloween costumes) – and villains, too! You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party including Dr. Facilier, Jafar and Maleficent!
- Carthay Circle – Hold onto your hats as clouds of black bats coil ‘round Carthay Circle’s Bell Tower while spellbinding effects transform the building.
- Attraction Takeovers
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark – Join Rocket in his race to rescue a fellow Guardian during this daring Halloween adventure.
- Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween – Join the famiglia for a spellbinding ride riddled with spooktacular music and décor!
- Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree – Steer clear of the cobwebs during a haunted hootenanny you’ll never forget!
EARLY ENRY! Entry to Disney California Adventure park before the party is included with an Oogie Boogie Bash ticket.
- The after-hours party begins at 6 p.m. PT and you will have the opportunity to play in the park for three hours before the event starts on Tuesday and Thursday nights (excluding Oct. 29 and Oct. 31) or four hours on Sunday nights, plus Oct. 29 and Oct. 31.
See it for Yourself
Take note of these important dates and mark your calendars:
- April 23: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders
- April 30: Tickets on sale to general public
Pricing changes depending on event date. Tickets start at $110 for adults ($100 for AP-holders) and go up to $145.
Most event nights typically sell out each year. Dates that are
crossed out below are sold out as of the last update of this page. Check the official site for the most updated listings. Sept. 17 Sept. 19 Sept. 22 Sept. 24 Sept. 26 Sept. 29
- Oct. 1
- Oct. 6
Oct. 8 Oct. 10 Oct. 13
- Oct. 15
- Oct. 20
- Oct. 22
- Oct. 27
- Oct. 29
Tickets may be purchased online, at the Disneyland Resort main gate, and by phone at 714-781-4636.
- NOTE: Online and mobile purchases are not available the day of the event.
- Parking is not included in the ticket price, and parking fees will apply.
- Entertainment and attractions are subject to change without notice. Guests may visit the site for additional details.
See it for Yourself
Disney’s Halloween Time returns to the Disneyland Resort from September 6 through October 31, 2019.
See all of our postings for Disney Halloween Time: