In celebration of the 90th Anniversary of Mickey, Disneyland has debuted a brand new projection show that, on select nights, will also feature fireworks: Mickey’s Mix Magic. The new nighttime spectacle is touted as a high-energy dance party in the park and on weekends and peak days will also be supplemented with fireworks — weather permitting.
“It’s a Good Time” is a brand new song created for the #Mickey90 that is featured in the show, bringing a new Disney Parks ear-worm to your repertoire. It is coupled with special effects, video, and favorite Disney songs to bring a festive vibe to celebrate Mickey and Minnie.
So where’s the best place to see the new show? Since the show predominately relies on its projection, lighting, and laser effects, the best place to watch will be Main Street, U.S.A., the facade of “it’s a small world”, and (once “Fantasmic!” returns in March) the water screens of the Rivers of America.
Mickey’s Mix Magic Fun Facts
- NEW SONG: The new celebration song “It’s a Good Time” was written and produced specifically for the “World’s Biggest Mouse Party” that is underway at Disney Parks around the world, celebrating 90 years of magic with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- FAVORITE SONGS:
- “I Wanna Be Like You” (The Jungle Book)
- “Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat” (The Aristocats)
- “Friend Like Me” (Aladdin)
- “Grim Grinning Ghosts” (theme song from The Haunted Mansion attraction)
- “Un Poco Loco” (Coco)
- “Let It Go” (Frozen).
- IN THE HOUSE: The musical score of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” is inspired by the irresistible beat of “house music,” bringing energy and fun that appeals to the whole family.
- LISTEN: The multi-speaker audio design in “Mickey’s Mix Magic” supports the “dance party” feel of the show throughout the park, immersing guests in surround sound.
- UNIQUE VIEWING AREAS: Each viewing area in the park – Main Street, U.S.A., the facade of “it’s a small world” and the water screens of the Rivers of America (when “Fantasmic!” returns in March)– has a custom projection design, which makes for a unique show experience wherever guests are.
- TWO DOZEN plus video projectors bring “Mickey’s Mix Magic” to life throughout the park, and 14 of those are on Main Street, U.S.A., alone.
- NEARLY 100 special lighting fixtures are utilized throughout the show, and they sit atop 10 different rooftops throughout the park.
- NEW STYLE: Disney Parks Live Entertainment collaborated with the team behind the latest Mickey animated shorts to bring the youthful, playful and mischievous personality of Mickey Mouse to the show. Minnie Mouse is also featured, showing off some of her dance moves from the pair’s popular international cartoon adventures.
- A KALEIDESCOPE OF COLOR: Much of the mapped video projection of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” is original content. Instead of cinematic scenes, favorite Disney characters are creatively showcased amidst kaleidoscopic patterns that move with the music beat.
See it for Yourself
Mickey’s Mix Magic nighttime spectacle takes place nightly at Disneyland Park as part of the ‘Get Your Ears On—A Mickey and Minnie Celebration’. An end-date for this show has not yet been provided.
MORE INFO:‘Get Your Ears On—A Mickey and Minnie Celebration’