Disney recently announced an update to their Disney Cruise Line Navigator app and it should look pretty familiar to those who use the official Disney Parks apps at Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort. You’ll want to download the app BEFORE you get on the ship (while you still have mobile service) but once you do then everything else is taken care of once on board.
With the app installed, you can connect to DCL-Guest network which provides complimentary usage of this app to access vacation information, ship schedules, and even send messages to members in your travel party. As you may know, texting and call services can be spotty when at sea and usually come with roaming charges. Additionally wifi is NOT complimentary on the ship (except for use with this app).
The new app promises a host ot features including:
- Horizontal Scrollable Menu – This new design gives you quicker access to learn what’s happening when and where each day. You can view the day’s activities all at once or filter to narrow down what you want to see.
- Quick Access to Cruise Details – The Disney Cruise Line button at the bottom of the screen instantly takes you to your personalized plans and other important cruise information.
- My Plans – Once you link your cruise reservation, your dining schedule, Port Adventures and onboard reservations (Palo, Senses Spa & Salon, beverage tastings, etc.), plus activities you “favorite” in the app, will magically appear.
- Ship Tips – Get helpful tips for your voyage, like safety reminders and information for guests with disabilities.
- Spotlight at Sea – This section includes information about offerings such as Senses Spa & Salon, Palo, Remy, Shutters photo packages, onboard merchandise and more.
All these new features are in addition to what you already love about the app: individual and group chats with friends and family onboard, deck plans of the ship, a map of Castaway Cay, plus information about dining, entertainment, shopping, youth clubs, character experiences, ports of call and more.
The printed Personal Navigator, a quick glance at the day’s activities, has always been a great way to plan your family’s cruise agenda. This new app is essentially an electronic version of the Navigator, giving you the chance to see what’s happening during the entire cruise at once. One great perk to the electronic version is that you can save your favorites to one convenient list and receive notifications when your selected activities are about to begin.