Disney shared a new image for the upcoming Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios park. Set in the center of the park at the Chinese Theatre, it will offer an immersive journey with Mickey and pals on a runaway train.
The new attraction promises state-of-the-art new technology that transform the flat cartoon world into an incredible dimensional experience set to a brand new lovable attraction theme song.
Here’s a few more details about Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway:
- Based on the style of new Mickey Mouse shorts
- Mickey Shorts crew are working on this project for consistency. Art Director Joseph Holt, Composer Chris Willis, and Executive Producer / Supervising Director Paul Ruddish.
- You are the star of your own fish out of water story in a Mickey Mouse Cartoon Short.
- The attraction starts with a new short with Mickey and Minnie on a picnic. They encounter Goofy and a special moment will bring guests into mix.
- Will feature 2.5 D visuals, no 3D glasses required
- New original singable theme song and custom score
- More Hidden Mickeys to be included than any other attraction ever
- The attraction replaces the Great Movie Ride which closes August 13, 2017. Disney is adjusting AP blockouts to allow guests a final chance for a ride.
An opening date has not yet been announced for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.