Courtesy of Disney, we have a guide on the new MaxPass system that guests can now experience at the Disneyland Resort. MaxPass costs $10 PER PERSON PER DAY (yes, everyone in your party needs to pay for MaxPass to get a digital return time) or can be added to an Annual Pass for a flat fee of $75.
The new service basically takes the existing FastPass system and makes it digital. It does NOT offer many of the features guests visiting Walt Disney World are familiar with including ability to book more than one at a time, pick your return time, etc. It almost exactly parallels the current paper FastPass system except removes the need for you to visit the attraction’s FastPass kiosks.
The other perk to MaxPass is the unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photographs. Here’s some more details about the new system…
Disney combined 2 popular services to help you make the most of the magic! With the Disney MaxPass feature, you can:
- Get Unlimited Disney PhotoPass Downloads for the Day – Share an entire day’s worth of Disney PhotoPass memories with family and friends! You’ll even be able to access photos taken on select attractions and during select Character dining experiences. Magic Shots are also included. Simply ask your Disney PhotoPass Photographer to pose you for a Magic Shot, and a select Disney Character or fun surprise will appear in your photo after it’s taken.
- Make FASTPASS Selections from Your Mobile Device While You’re in the Parks – With this electronic option, you won’t need to walk over to a kiosk to secure a FASTPASS entitlement—you can simply make a FASTPASS selection (subject to availability) using the Disneyland app and then scan your code at the entrance when it’s time to experience the attraction.
Guests are strongly advised to check the day’s FASTPASS ticket availability and other park details before purchasing the Disney MaxPass feature or using a park ticket with Disney MaxPass. Popular attraction FASTPASS tickets may not be available at the time of Disney MaxPass purchase or use as FASTPASS tickets are limited and availability is not guaranteed. Disney MaxPass is nonrefundable and subject to restrictions and change without notice.
How to Get Disney MaxPass
When you purchase your theme park tickets—on disneyland.com, with the Disneyland app or at the Disneyland Resort—you can include the Disney MaxPass feature as an add-on.If you already have an existing ticket or Annual Passport, you can purchase the Disney MaxPass feature for the day after entering a park. Then, link it to your ticket or Annual Passport through the Disneyland app.
Each member of your party will need the Disney MaxPass feature to make FASTPASS selections from their phone and download the day’s Disney PhotoPass photos.
How to Use Disney MaxPass
Once you have the Disney MaxPass feature for the day, open up the Disneyland app and sign in to your Disney account. After you link the Disney MaxPass feature to your theme park tickets or Annual Passport, you’re all set to enjoy the included services.
Digital FASTPASS Service
Check for availability at one of 16 attractions.
- Tap “Get FASTPASS” to make your FASTPASS selection and receive a Return-Time window.
- When it’s time to enjoy the attraction, head to the FASTPASS Return entrance and hold your mobile device up to the scanner so it can read your FASTPASS code.
If your plans change, no problem. You can easily cancel or change your selection on the My Plans screen. Please keep in mind FASTPASS availability is limited and not guaranteed.
- Our photographers are poised and ready to take your photos at several scenic locations throughout Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park—at Character Experiences, select dining locations, special events and more. You can also find them wandering the parks, seeking to capture magical moments of you and your entire family.Select attractions even have cameras positioned in just the right spots to catch your priceless, in-the-moment expressions. You’ll just need to remember to link your 8-character Attraction ID, located on the preview wall, to your Disney account.
- Download the day’s photos from your Disney PhotoPass gallery before they expire. Passholders with the annual Disney MaxPass benefit can download their Disney PhotoPass photos, captured during the validity dates of their Annual Passports.
Disney MaxPass for Annual Passholders
Guests who have a valid Disneyland Annual Passport may purchase the Disney MaxPass feature as a daily add-on for $10 through the Disneyland app or as an annual add-on for $75 at a Disneyland Resort Ticket Booth. The Disney MaxPass feature is an included benefit with the Disney Signature Plus Passport and the Disney Premier Passport.The cost of the annual Disney MaxPass feature cannot be pro-rated for passes expiring in less than a year and expires when your Annual Passport expires.