This Saturday marks the 50th anniversary of the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN ride at Disneyland and a big celebration will be underway that will include new pirate activities, entertainment, and grub. The festivities start as early as today, here’s a look at what you can expect…
Starting March 16
Guests will be able to feast like a pirate with themed food and beverages at the French Market Restaurant, Mint Julep Bar, Harbour Galley, Royal Street Verandah, Cafe Orleans, and the Blue Bayou Restaurant. We think a pirate-themed food crawl throughout New Orleans Square is in our future!
- Golden Churro: Gold-dusted Churro
- Lost Treasure Beignets: Lemon-flavored Beignets with gold shimmer dust
- Buccaneer Pulled Pork Sandwich: Jerk-spiced Pork, Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce, Pineapple Caribbean-style Slaw and Fried Yucca
- Jolly Roger Punch: Spiced Tropical Juices with hints of Pineapple, Orange and Mango
- Calypso’s Caribbean Chicken Stew: Caribbean-seasoned Chicken stewed with Onions, Carrots, Celery, Tomatoes, Potatoes and Yucca
Starting March 17
- Pirate Entertainment: The Bootstrappers band and Lucky the Pirate will be found!
- Pirate Merchandise: Throughout New Orleans Square there will be limited-edition anniversary merchandise, pirate speak collectible cards, and more.
Starting March 18
Jack Sparrow himself will be on hand greeting guests on the actual anniversary of the attraction. Plus, guests may purchase limited-edition, anniversary merchandise in New Orleans Square, while supplies last. Pirate Speak! collectible cards will be available for guests who wish to talk like a pirate.