Last year at D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures fans were treated to a surprise reveal of a clip showcasing one of the intricate new Audio Animatronic created for the upcoming Pandora – The World of Avatar expansion at Disney’s Animal Kingdom park.
The special clip features the reclusive Shaman of Songs, a revered member of the Na’vi people of Pandora. The impressive is scarily realistic bringing to life characters that were realized in the 2009 Avatar film with CGI.
Alpha Centauri Expeditions (A.C.E.) Founder Marshall Lamm joined filmmaker James Cameron and Imagineer Joe Rohde to share details on upcoming expansion which is located 4.4 light years away from Planet Earth… or just a hop skip and a jump away from Discover Island. Other recent announcements include:
- Satu’li Canteen – The main restaurant in Pandora – The World of AVATAR that will feature Na’vi art and cultural items
- Windtraders – The merchandise location where travelers can find Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits and more
- Pongu Pongu – A special drink location with a design that is a eclectic as its Expat owner
- AVATAR Flight of Passage – Excursions that offer the jaw-dropping experience of riding on a Banshee over the world of Pandora
- Na’vi River Journey – A family-friendly experience that will send your Clients down a sacred river hidden within a bioluminescent rainforest
Plus, last month, Disney also revealed on Christmas a new behind the scenes peek at construction plus new looks at interiors of the attractions. You can find that video below.
Pandora – The World of Avatar will be opening at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World Summer 2017.
Interesting use of the term “realistic”… Jean Baudrillard would have a field day… 🙂