In 2017, Disney Cruise Line guests can celebrate the legendary adventures and iconic characters from the Star Wars saga during a day-long celebration aboard 15 special sailings on the Disney Fantasy: STAR WARS DAY at Sea. Star Wars Day at Sea combines the power of the Force, the magic of Disney and the excitement of cruising for an out-of-this-galaxy experience unlike any other. Occurring one day during each of 15 Disney Fantasy sailings, Star Wars Day at Sea transports guests to a galaxy far, far away, in the Caribbean. The event features a full day of Star Wars celebrations, including a deck party, encounters with favorite characters, Star Wars-themed family and youth activities, unique food and beverage offerings, and special merchandise.
Intergalactic highlights include:
Force-filled Fun for Everyone
- Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Stormtroopers, Boba Fett, Sabine, Ezra and other characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions and photos.
- Kids and families enjoy friendly competition during Star Wars trivia games, putting their knowledge of the film and television sagas to the test.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their costumes and cosplay and participate in the costume celebration held in the ship’s atrium.
- Guests can watch “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” the first in a new series of standalone Star Wars films, as well as all seven films in the Star Wars
Younglings Use Their Power
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and put their skills to the test in a final face-off with Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister.
- In “Padawan Mind Challenge,” Younglings participate in a fun, brain-bending battle of wits and trivia to become mind challenge masters.
- “Star Wars Saga: Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away” is a guest participation show featuring retelling of favorite Star Wars stories, with the help of props and special effects.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities are offered throughout the day in all youth spaces
Star Wars Deck Celebration Spectacular
- The day concludes with more intergalactic fun when the “Summon the Force” deck party blasts off to an exciting evening filled with music, dancing and games.
- The “Summon the Force” deck show is accompanied by John Williams’ epic score, now including theme music from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- The party culminates as Star Wars characters converge for a celebration of the saga in an epic show, complete with fireworks finale.
- In 2017, there is a new story, with more pyrotechnics, special effects and stunts.
Merchandise, Food and Beverage
- Event merchandise exclusive to Star Wars Day at Sea is available on each sailing, including a range of collectible items, customizable nametags and 11 special trading pins.
- An epic day is not complete without a feast for the palate, so the dinner menu includes creative fare such as Sand People salad, Bantha steak empanadas, Opee Sea Killer shrimp cocktail and Qui-Gon’s crisp chicken. Sweet endings complete the meal with Calrissian velvet cake, Cloud City macarons and a frozen carbonite sundae.
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages include the colorful Galaxy in a Glass made with rum, coconut, mango and strawberry and a non-alcoholic Planetoid Punch.
- For sipping, there are non-alcoholic beverages in collectible cups like a BB-8 sipper and Chewbacca stein, and for snacking, popcorn is served in containers themed to Darth Vader’s helmet or a tie fighter.
- Guests can watch all seven films in the Star Wars saga and follow Darth Vader, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Rey and Finn along their epic journey.
- Enjoy the latest Star Wars installment, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- Also showing are episodes of the new Disney XD animated series, Star Wars Rebels.
Star Wars Day at Sea will be on 15 Disney Fantasy seven-night cruises sailing from Port Canaveral.
Departing Jan. 7, 21; Feb. 4, 18; March 4, 18; April 1 and 15, 2017, the western Caribbean itinerary includes Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman and Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Departing Jan. 14, 28; Feb. 11, 25; March 11, 25; and April 8, 2017, the eastern Caribbean itinerary includes Tortola, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit http://www.disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.