A new teaser video launched today confirms that Nintendo will have a massive presence at Universal Studios parks in Hollywood, Orlando, and Osaka. In the video Shigeru Miyamoto, of Nintendo, and Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative share a few teases about what guests can expect during the staggered opening of the new Nintendo offerings across the three parks.
Per Universal’s Closer Look, you’ll be able to immerse yourself in a world where Gigantic Piranha Plants spring to life and Question blocks, power-ups and more surround you. And as you might expect, Mario and all his friends will be there. Below are some of the details confirmed for the expansions:
- Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They’ll be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.
- You’ll feel as if you’re playing inside your favorite games – in real life.
- There will be something for everyone—regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
- Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.
Each Universal theme park will announce details of its specific Nintendo areas. The first such announcement will come soon.