A goodnight kiss at a Disney Park is a quintessential part of the experience and at Disney California Adventure, the new nighttime spectacular World of Color – ONE takes a familiar format of dancing fountains, lighting, lasers, fog and flame effects and packs in a century’s worth of Disney magic.
See full video of the show below from opening weekend.
How to Watch
Weather permitting, the 24-minute show is scheduled to take place nightly at 9:00 PM and 10:15 PM, you’ll want to check the Disneyland app or website for the latest details on the day of your visit.
A Virtual Queue Reservation is required to see the show from roped-off prime vantage points but other viewing areas are also available on a standby, first-come, first-served, basis. Distribution for the complimentary virtual queue is at 12 p.m. PT, daily (subject to availability) and is available for guests who have entered Disney California Adventure park for the day or have entered Disneyland park with a Park Hopper ticket or Magic Key.
MORE INFO: STEP BY STEP: How to Get a Virtual Queue for World of Color – ONE during #Disney100
About the Show
This is the first Disneyland Resort nighttime spectacular to feature characters, music and stories from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, the Avengers and Star Wars in the same production. Below are some fun facts about the show, courtesy of Disney.
- The nighttime spectacular celebrates the storytelling legacy begun by Walt Disney a century ago, bringing to spectacular life moments from favorite films including “Moana,” “Soul,” “Coco,” “Mulan” and others.
- Moments from Star Wars and the Avengers are depicted in a graphic style. The bold, graphic approach to the Avengers portion of the show was inspired by end credit sequences in “Black Panther” and the Disney+ original series “Hawkeye.” The Star Wars segment uses a painterly style based on original production art for the films.
- The score is composed of 18 musical compositions, including an original song “Start a Wave,” which was written by GRAMMY®-nominated artist Cody Fry and features lead vocals performed by singer-songwriter and actress Loren Allred.
- The 1,200 fountains in “World of Color – ONE” act as dancers, interpreting the various moments in the show. During the “Born to Play” sequence from Disney and Pixar’s “Soul,” the jazz tune appears to be “played” by the fountains.
- The water screen used for digital projections is 380 feet wide, and the geyser fountains are capable of shooting water up to 200 feet in the air.
- “World of Color” provides Disney Live Entertainment designers with great flexibility and creativity. Since its debut in 2010, more than half a dozen different versions of the show have been presented on Paradise Bay.
Photos of the Show
Below are a few images of World of Color — ONE, courtesy of Disney.
More with MagicBand+
Extra magic can be added to your visit by experiencing the show with a MagicBand+. The extra-cost wristband promises to spring to life during the show with dancing lights and vibrations synchronized to the show.
See it for Yourself
The Disney 100 Years of Wonder campaign kicked off at the Disneyland Resort on January 27, 2023.
MORE INFO: Check out all of our coverage for Disney 100 Years of Wonder