With the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration kicking off next month, Disneyland unveiled a bunch of new teases for the upcoming Wondrous Journeys fireworks spectacular that will pay tribute to 100 years of Disney Animation. Highlights include new songs and projections plus the appearance of Baymax flying high over Sleeping Beauty Castle.
This all-new nighttime spectacular will celebrate 100 years of Walt Disney Animation Studios with nods to every film released by the iconic studio over the past century, with music, characters and special moments from favorite stories including: “Encanto,” (depicted above), “Hercules,” “The Princess and the Frog,” “Peter Pan,” “Frozen,” “Treasure Planet,” “Big Hero 6,” “Moana,” and more. The spectacular will also feature an original new song, “It’s Wondrous,” that you can learn more about in the new video by Disney above.
Highlights for the show include:
- You will embark on an adventure filled with artistry, music, storytelling, and heart to celebrate the dreamers at Disney Animation who have shared their imagination and talents with the world for one hundred years.
- State-of-the-art projection effects will surround you with blank pieces of paper, pencil sketches, and splashes of color, as the artistry of animators breathe life into beloved characters from Mickey Mouse and Bambi to Ariel and Mirabel.
- In a thrilling moment of heroism, Baymax soars high above Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Special lighting effects, projections, and more bring the spectacle to life
- Viewing will be optimized from Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the Rivers of America.
- As is the trend lately, the show will only feature fireworks only on select nights — usually weekends and holidays
See it for Yourself
Wondrous Journeys fireworks spectacular debuts at the Disneyland Resort as part of the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration on January 27, 2023.