Disneyland Resort has officially confirmed that MagicBand+ makes its west coast debut on October 26, 2022. But if you’re an eligible cast member, Magic Key holder, or Disney Vacation Club member there’s an early access opportunity to get your hands on exclusive Disneyland designs including a Magic Key option.
Eligible cast members, Magic Key holders and Disney Vacation Club members will have the opportunity to be among the first to purchase MagicBand+ at the Disneyland Resort from select locations starting October 19, 2022.
Select merchandise locations around the Disneyland Resort will have MagicBand+ available for purchase with the presentation of a valid photo ID plus a valid company-issued ID, Disney Vacation Club membership or Magic Key pass. From there, you’ll be able to set up your band and try it out in the parks (valid park admission and reservation required)!
While supplies last, Magic Key holders will be able to purchase a specially designed Magic Key band, which even has a unique light-up sequence.
How to Buy
MagicBand+ will be available for all guests to purchase starting October 26. You will find special displays at the following locations:
- Downtown Disney District: World of Disney, Disney’s Pin Traders
- Disneyland: Emporium, Pioneer Mercantile, Tomorrow Landing (reopening Oct. 26)
- Disney California Adventure: Elias & Co., Trolley Treats, Oswald’s, Seaside Souvenirs
- Hotels of the Disneyland Resort: Disney’s Fantasia Shop, Mickey in Paradise, Acorns Gifts & Goods
What to Expect
Here’s what Disneylanders can expect when MagicBand+ is unleashed at the Happiest Place on Earth:
- Growing assortment of designs and colors, MagicBand+ offers another opportunity to show off your personal style in the parks. I
- Smart features like color-changing LED lights, haptic vibrations and gesture recognition.
- Rechargeable (with the included charging cable) and waterproof, keeping the fun going and going!
- Smartphone device connectivity through the Disneyland app to unlock personalization options including unique light colors and adjusting the vibration and motion recognition settings.
- Theme park access when you connect your MagicBand+ to your theme park ticket or Magic Key pass in the Disneyland app (valid Park admission and reservation required)
- Lightning Lane check in (separate valid Lightning Lane entry required)
- Disney PhotoPass tap and scan links the photos to your Disney account
- In sync with special moments at select experiences where your MagicBand+ will complement your experience lights and haptic feedback during:
- World of Color in Disney California Adventure park
- Fantasmic! and select nighttime shows in Disneyland park
- Avengers Campus with certain entertainment
- Disney 100 Years of Wonder anniversary celebration will include two shows that will also activate: “World of Color – One” at Disney California Adventure and “Wondrous Journeys” at Disneyland.
- Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters interactive quest will allow you to explore Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland park like never before (MORE INFO)
See it for Yourself
MagicBand+officially launches at Disneyland Resort on October 26, 2022. Early access opportunities begin October 19, 2022.