Although it’s name may not mean much to the average person, Disney General Entertainment represents fan-favorite content that’s far from pedestrian. The brands under this impressive umbrella include ABC Entertainment, ABC News, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, FX, Hulu Originals, National Geographic Content and Onyx Collective.
Today, the media giant confirmed some of its presence at the D23 Expo 2022 which will include an expansive pavilion on the show floor, talent appearances, panels, and more! Here’s a look at everything announced.
Panels, shows, and talent appearances will take place across five stages: Hall D23, Premiere Stage, Backlot Stage, Walt Disney Archive Stage and Hyperion Stage. Details on programming are coming soon but for now we know some of the offerings include:
- Disney Branded Television will present a very special showcase that highlights a legacy of excellence in storytelling and includes talent appearances, performances and never-before-seen previews of original content for Disney+, Disney Channel and Disney Junior. Additional programming will take place on the Disney Bundle Stage.
- ABC Entertainment will present the upcoming special “Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration” and a special fan experience celebrating “The Simpsons” who reign as the longest-running animated series of all time.
“Journey Into Storytelling” Pavilion
The exciting pavilion will feature a robust schedule of announcements, sneak peeks, panels and special appearances by the stars from some of today’s most cherished shows today.
There will be photo and video activations along with gamification throughout the pavilion. Fans of daytime television favorites “Live with Kelly and Ryan” and “Tamron Hall” can take center stage for a photo and video moment where they will feel like they’re part of the show at these fun photo booth opportunities — located in Hall B of the D23 Expo floor. In addition, fans can see Tamron Hall in-person moderating various panels across D23 Expo.
Pavilion Immersive Experiences
- “Good Morning America” (ABC and Hulu) TSS Shot – Begin the journey seeing your name in lights on the famed ABC News’ “Good Morning America” marquee — a must-have photo op.
Disney Branded Television
- “American Born Chinese” (Disney+) – Mythical Staff Maneuvers – Learn how to master the staff alongside the mythical Chinese heroes featured in Disney Branded Television’s “American Born Chinese.”
- “National Treasure: Edge of History” (Disney+) – Clue Room Zoom – Gear up for an archeological adventure by searching for clues in the secret tunnel of the pyramid with Disney Branded Television’s “National Treasure: Edge of History.”
- “Abbott Elementary” (ABC and Hulu) – Sub for a Day – Step into a day in the life of a substitute teacher at “Abbott Elementary” and see how you would respond in some iconic scenes!
- “Grey’s Anatomy” (ABC and Hulu) – Do as the world-class staff of Grey Sloan Memorial do when they need a boost: strike a superhero pose or dance it out!
- “Cruel Summer” (Freeform and Hulu) – Y2K Room – Enter this experience to take a turn on “Dance Dance Revolution” to your favorite throwback hits, pose in the Y2K-era bedroom and get a glimpse at the lake life in a cool airstream photo op from the upcoming season of “Cruel Summer.”
- “American Horror Story” – Horror Scare Moment (FX and Hulu) – Be the star of your own nightmare while celebrating 11 award-winning seasons of FX’s “American Horror Story.”
- “Only Murders in the Building” – Arconia Silhouettes – Become a resident of the famed Arconia with your very own Mabel Mora-style portrait with Hulu Originals’ “Only Murders in the Building.”
- “The Kardashians” – 7th Sister – Think you have what it takes to be a Kardashian? Give it your best strut.
- “Legacy: The True Story of the LA Lakers” – Skyhook Slo Mo – Fulfill your Laker’s legacy with your very own attempt at the skyhook inspired by Lakers legends.
- “Epic Adventures with Bertie Gregory” (Disney+); “Fire of Love” (Disney+); “Limitless with Chris Hemsworth” (Disney+) – Push your own limits by becoming an explorer at some of the most stunning environmental settings around the world with National Geographic.
See it for Yourself
D23 Expo 2022 takes place in Anaheim, CA from September 9 – 11, 2022. All ticket levels are sold out so your only option now is to follow us for all the coverage!
But Wait, There’s More!
For more information including MouseInfo’s on-going coverage of the 2022 D23 Expo, click our banner below!