Some of our favorite parts of the D23 Expo 2022 are the exhibits put on by the Walt Disney Archives and we have a full accounting of everything they have planned for this year’s event at the Anaheim Convention Center!
Walt Disney Archives presents Step in Time exhibit
- This 12,000-square-foot fully immersive exhibit celebrating 100 years of The Walt Disney Company, puts fans inside the magic of a timeline celebration!
- A timeline in the center of the exhibit will showcase the breadth of extraordinary Disney events over the past century
- This chronological exhibition showcases Walt Disney Archives historical assets with immersive, themed environments from animated shorts, films, and film premieres, as well as television productions and Disney Parks favorites
- The gallery space will be divided into nine highly themed areas, ready for selfies, including:
- Captaining the boat in Steamboat Willie
- Walking the blue carpet at the premiere of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Visiting with the carousel horses from Mary Poppins
- Being serenaded by Breathless Mahoney at Club Ritz (Dick Tracy)
- Visiting Flynn’s Arcade (Tron)
- Coming face-to-face with the bride in the attic of the Haunted Mansion
- See Walt Disney’s actual Grumman Gulfstream I airplane on the exhibit floor!
- Walt Disney Archives has curated an all-new exhibit featuring specially selected items that represent the history of the aircraft.
- Expect to see:
- A customized instrument panel originally located near Walt’s favorite onboard seat (enabling him to monitor flight conditions),
- A telephone handset (which gave Walt a direct line of communication to the pilot in the cockpit)
- A flight bag adorned with an image of Mickey Mouse sitting on the tail of the famed plane
Walt Disney Archives Stage
The popular presentation venue is returning with more than a dozen panels throughout the weekend featuring Archivists, Imagineers, Disney Legends, and more.
- Expect to see notables such as Disney Legend Bill Farmer, Walt Disney Archives director Becky Cline, author and historian Graham Allan, Walt Disney Imagineering global ambassador Bob Weis, Imagineers from the Illusioneering Lab, and historian and artist Stacia Martin
- Fans will enjoy exploring many of Disney’s worlds, including the impressive 50-year legacy of the Main Street Electrical Parade, a look back at the 1980s and 1990s edition of the Mickey Mouse Club, and the first half-century of the Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney100: The Exhibition
- WHERE: Backlot Stage
- WHEN: Saturday, September 10, at 10 a.m.
- WHAT: A look at the creation of the upcoming Disney100: The Exhibition, which opens next February at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia.
See it for Yourself
D23 Expo 2022 takes place in Anaheim, CA from September 9 – 11, 2022.
But Wait, There’s More!
For more information including MouseInfo’s on-going coverage of the 2022 D23 Expo, click our banner below!