After a successful run in February of this year, CELEBRATE SOULFULLY is returning once again this summer to the Disneyland Resort with a program further celebrating with daily live entertainment and specialty offerings including food, art and more.
Amongst announcements today include the launch date for both The Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure and Tale of the Lion King which you can learn more about below.
In Disney California Adventure
- Beginning June 1 and running through July 4, enjoy daily live music celebrating Black music genres from Doo-Wop to Motown.
- Philly Phonics, an a cappella vocal group, performing snazzy, jazzy, tunes from the 1920s through today will add some flavor to Carthay Circle.
- Five & Dime will also stylishly sing and swing 1920s and ‘30s tunes with brass and sass!
- Hollywood Backlot is throwing a special block party featuring live musical acts seven nights a week.
In Downtown Disney
- Live nightly music that is sure to stir your soul, with genres including jazz, R&B, funk, Motown and Doo-Wop.
- DJ performing at the Downtown Disney LIVE! stage on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, playing a variety of upbeat genres.
The Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure
From June 1 – July 4, Downtown Disney’s former ESPN Zone will play host to the traveling exhibit: The Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure. The acclaimed exhibit illustrates the legacy and dynamic history of jazz with tie-ins to Disney-Pixar’s SOUL.
Tale of the Lion King
Disneyland confirmed today that TALE OF THE LION KING will find its new home at Disneyland starting May 28, 2022. A smaller version of the show debuted in 2019 at Disney California Adventure which brings a story-theater adaptation of the classic animated story to life with song and dance.
See it for Yourself
CELEBRATE SOULFULLY takes place at the Disneyland Resort this summer. All entertainment and offerings have different dates.