For the month of February, Disneyland has joined Walt Disney World for a larger-scale Celebrate Soulfully event in celebration of of Black History Month. On the west coast, the celebration is highlighted by the return of Celebrate Gospel music series which has been an annual tradition for more than a decade.
Here’s a look at Disneyland Resort’s Celebrate Soulfully 2022 event.
For the first time this year, Celebrate Gospel has moved to Disneyland into the Fantasyland Theater and takes place over two Saturdays with headline acts on each day. The festival is rounded out with a selection of amazing gospel singers and community choirs.
- Feb. 19 – Kierra Sheard on
- Feb. 26 – Jonathan McReynolds and Mali Music
Aside from the musical performances, you can enjoy a special Caramelized Apple Hand Pie at the newly reopened Troubadour Tavern (which also features stuffed baked potatoes) to enjoy while you soak in the joyful noise.
You can also head to the crafts area for a fan that you can color in or fill out a card with your blessings and hang it from a Gratitude Wall. There’s also photo-ops an wall-art paying homage to the history of gospel music.
Other than Celebrate Gospel inside of DIsneyland, the rest of the celebration is actually available to everyone outside of the parks. Below are some of the highlights you can enjoy.
- Downtown Disney District features nightly outdoor concerts covering genres such as R&B, reggae, funk and jazz, plus Saturday afternoon Gospel performances.
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa offers nightly jazz.
- A live chalk-art installation will come to life each week as chalk muralist Marcella Swett reveals new murals at Downtown Disney District.
- The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder” series on Disney+ features art displays inspired by Penny Proud and her family at Downtown Disney District. Plus, guests can learn more about Bruce Smith, the show’s creator and executive producer.
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort celebrates creole cuisine, including the popular NOLA BBQ Shrimp & Grits.
- Hearthstone Lounge at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa features a special menu, enhanced with wines, beer and spirits from Black-owned businesses.
- Post 21 at Downtown Disney features a collection of modern and design-forward merchandise from Black-owned businesses, curated by a local Los Angeles-based mother and daughter team at a kiosk location near World of Disney.
- Pelé Soccer will debut a new sweatshirt design that features an iconic image of Pelé and a call to “empower the culture.”
- Lovepop honors Black History Month with special “We are Black History” and “Black is Beautiful” cards.
- WonderGround Gallery highlights a selection of merch for SOUL, PRINCESS AND THE FROG, and THE LION KING.
See it for Yourself
Celebrate Soulfully at the Disneyland Resort takes place during the month of February 2022.
Celebrate Gospel musical celebration concludes with its final 2022 event on February 26, 2022.