Disney California Adventure has officially kicked off its 2022 Year of the Tiger Lunar New Year Celebration and it brings with it once again a miniature food festival to ensure a tasty new year! Several fan favorites have returned and new menu options are also available to tempt the palate.
We tried several options this year and invite you now for a first taste of the food and drink available at Disney California Adventure for the 2022 Lunar New Year! ENJOY!
What We Tried
Mango-Pineapple Pie ($6.50) is nice sized little pie with a super sweet filling that is also slightly tart. The crust is nice and crispy with crystal sugar and an adorable Mickey shape on top.
Gochujang Wings ($8.00) is a set of four wings in an irresistible sweet and ever-so-slightly spicy sauce that is almost reminiscent of tamarindo Mexican candy. These are not new to the fest but new to our taste buds and they’re fantastic!
Impossible™ Lion’s Head Meatballs ($7.50) features mini Plant-based Pork Meatballs served with Cabbage and Shaoxing Wine Reduction and they are absolutely delightful. We’re big fans of Impossible brand meat and the reduction they are served in is a perfect compliment.
Pork Bahn Mi
Pork Belly Bahn Mi (Sip & Savor portion from Paradise Garden Grill) is a pretty nice option. We tried this in previous years it was offered (with pork belly instead of just pork) and the veggies were all nice and crispy and the baguette was a nice compliment. An entree sized portion is available.
Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun
Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun ($7.00) is a great dish if you get it when it’s fresh. We tried this in previous years it was offered and found the freshness of the bread is crucial to the success of the dish so if you happen to be at the kiosk when a fresh batch has arrived then you should find yourself pleased with the offering.
Spicy Three-Cup Chicken
Spicy Three-Cup Chicken ($8.00) is served on a bed of Jasmine Rice is a ROBUST dish. We’re no strangers to a little bit of spice but the heat level here felt a little higher than what we’re used to from the mouse.
Char Siu Pork Bao
Char Siu Pork Bao ($8.00) is filled with Chinese BBQ Pork with Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño. We tried this in previous years it was offered and found the Bao to be soft and moist and perfectly sticky.
Beef Bulgogi Short Rib
Beef Bulgogi Short Rib ($8.25) on a bed of Rice with Green Onion Salad is a safe dish. The flavors here are great and we got some really nice cuts of meat. Really nice flavors overall.
Shrimp Fried Rice
Shrimp Fried Rice ($8.00) with Garlic-Bacon Edamame was cooked well but the flavors somehow didn’t quite meld. The bacon in particular had a strong taste that seemed to throw off the balance.
Spicy Pork Dandan Noodles
Spicy Pork Dandan Noodles ($7.50) features Pan-fried Noodles, Ground Pork, and a spicy Tri-Chile Blend Sauce. This also has peanuts which is odd to not be disclosed. It was a decent dish but not our favorite.
Korean Grilled Chicken
Korean Grilled Chicken (Sip & Savor portion from Paradise Garden Grill) is something we tried in previous years it was offered. Our take back then was that it was a little disappointing only in that it didn’t really have a particularly interesting or unique flavor but is otherwise a good piece of chicken. An entree sized portion is available.
Ready to Taste?
2022 Lunar New Year Sip & Savor Tasting Passport is available to ALL guests giving you the opportunity to taste your way through your choice of SIX different dishes or non-alcoholic beverages from the Festival Marketplace kiosks.
This pass can be purchased at various locations throughout the park, including Sip and Savor Cart, Seaside Souvenirs, Lunar New Year Marketplaces, and Merchandise Pergola.
- Regular ($43)
- Magic Key Passholders ($40)
VALUE ALERT: To get the most bang for your buck out of your Sip & Savor Tasting Passport, you’ll just want to make sure you don’t get any of the items that cost less than $7.17 (regular) or $6.66 (Passholder). Considering the prices, that shouldn’t be terribly difficult as long as you avoid desserts and drinks! Here’s a list of everything you can get:
Save Time… Maybe!
As is now the case for most DCA celebrations, Festival Marketplace kiosks are equipped to sell you items from ANY of the kiosks. Find a kiosk with a short line and you can jump in order your food from another kiosk. If you’re a pre-planner, you could make all of your purchases at once. Just take your receipt to the appropriate kiosks to get your items!
The only thing to be aware of is that sometimes items DO sell out. They are usually re-stocked that same day but caveat emptor!
More to Savor
Aside from the Festival Marketplace kiosks you can find even more more tasty bites…
Paradise Garden Grill Menu
- Whole Fried Fish – Crispy Whole Fish, Sweet and Sour Sauce, Steamed Rice, Stir Fried Vegetables and Chicken Soup, served Family-style for two – $24.99
- Pork Bánh Mì Sandwich – Grilled Pork Belly with Pickled Daikon, Carrots, Cucumber, Jalapeño, Cilantro and Seasoned Mayonnaise on a Crispy Baguette – $13.99
- Korean-style BBQ Chicken – 1/2 Chicken with Steamed White Rice, Kimchi, Pickled Cucumbers and Sesame Seeds – $15.99
- Spicy Kung Pao Tofu – Deep Fried Tofu with Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Broccoli, Red Peppers, Peanuts and Fried Rice, garnished with Garlic Chips – $14.49
Paradise Gardens Food and Beverage Cart
Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Hong Kong-style Milk Tea – Black Tea sweetened with Condensed Milk served over Ice – $5.49
- Lotus Flower Glow Cube – Light-up your beverage – $4.99
- Mulan Sipper – with choice of Fountain Beverage at time of purchase – $18.49
- Kung Pao Bao – Kung Pao-glazed Crispy Pork Belly, Chili Peanuts, Steamed Bao Bun, Red Pepper & Green Onion Slaw – $21.00
- Oolong Donut – Oolong-dusted Beignet Donut, served with Oolong Crème Anglaise and Orange Soy Pudding Dipping Sauces – $10.00
- Lunar Cocktail – Baiju Chinese Liquor, Smoked Orange Syrup, Orange Bitters and Lemon Juice, garnished with Orange Peel – $15.00
Complete Festival Marketplace Menus
Longevity Noodle Co.
- Garlic Noodles – Long Noodles tossed in a zesty Garlic Butter with Parmesan Cheese – $7.00
- Spicy Pork Dandan Noodles – Pan-fried Noodles with Ground Pork and a spicy Tri-Chile Blend Sauce – $7.50
- Young Master Brewery, Neon City Pale Ale with Mandarin and Bergamot Zest, China – (ABV 5.2%) – $13.25
- Salted Pistachio Cold Brew – Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co.® French Bistro Blend Coffee, Orange Blossom Honey Syrup, Oat Milk, Salted Pistachio Foam – $6.50
Lucky 8 Lantern
- Beef Bulgogi Short Rib – on Rice with Green Onion Salad – $8.25
- Shrimp Fried Rice – with Garlic-Bacon Edamame – $8.00
- Soju Peach Yuja-Ade – Soju, Peach Syrup, Yuja, Dragonfruit, Lemon and Butterfly Pea Flower Tea – $14.00
- Kloud Brewery, Original Gravity Lager, Korea – (ABV 5.0%) – $10.50
- Peach Yuja-Ade – Peach Syrup, Yuja, Dragonfruit, Lemon and Butterfly Pea Flower Tea – $6.50
Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Char Siu BBQ Pork Bao – Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño – $8.00
- Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun – Brioche-style Mickey-shaped Bun stuffed with Hot Dogs and finished with Sesame Seeds and Scallions – $7.00
- Brewery X, Panda Pool Party Bamboo Lager, Anaheim – (ABV 4.6%) – $13.00
- Lychee Celebration – Gin, Prosecco, Lychee Purée, Lychee Syrup, Grapefruit Juice and Yuja – $14.00
- Prosperous Tiger – Svedka Vodka, Coco Lopez, Angostura Bitters, Triple Sec, Mandarin Purée and Vanilla Bean Paste – $15.00
Red Dragon Spice Traders
- Spicy Three-Cup Chicken – Served on a bed of Jasmine Rice – $8.00
- Impossible™ Lion’s Head Meatballs – mini Plant-based Pork Meatballs served with Cabbage and Shaoxing Wine Reduction – $7.50
- Mickey Purple Sweet Potato Macaron – Red Macaron filled with Purple Sweet Potato Buttercream, with Crème Fraîche Center – $6.50
- Master Gao Brewery, Baby Jasmine Tea Lager, China – (ABV 5.4%) – $13.25
See it for Yourself
Lunar New Year celebrations at Disney California Adventure take place from January 21 – February 13, 2022.
See all of our postings for Lunar New Year:
MORE INFO: Details and information about Lunar New Year
If you are looking for a way to help support the site so we can continue to bring you more info about the mouse, feel free to browse our TeePublic Store! Aside from tees and apparel, you can also find stickers, phone laptop cases, mugs, and more!
SHOP NOW: Find more designs and products at our store: mouseinfo.com/tees.