Disney California Adventure will once again celebrate the Lunar New Year (for the 2022 Year of the Tiger) with the return of the fan-favorite festival paying homage to Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures featuring food, music, and entertainment!
Here’s a look at what you can expect in 2022 at the Disney California Adventure Lunar New Year celebration!
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” For the Year of the Tiger, Tigger joins this festive parade honoring family and the beautiful traditions of Chinese heritage. This year’s procession also introduces a gorgeous new float for Mulan and Mushu to arrive upon, accompanied by traditional Chinese drummers performing powerful rhythms. Decorated in red and gold to symbolize good fortune and happiness, the float features bright bunches of red firecrackers that hang together with golden tassels, and delicate red and gold lanterns come aglow for after-sunset performances. During the procession, Mulan and Mushu are surrounded by performers bringing cultural artistry and dance to life. Guests of all ages will delight in this honorable celebration.
- Live, daily performances by authentic Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese dancers and musicians will take place at Paradise Garden Bandstand including San Francisco-based musical group Melody of China who perform a fusion of Chinese folk, classical and contemporary instrumentals.
- Tigger, Mulan and Mushu, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, and the Three Little Pigs can be round at the Paradise Gardens Gazebo
- Raya will make her Disneyland Resort debut at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
- Char-siu BBQ pork bao
- Spicy pork Dandan noodles
- Impossible™ Lion’s Head meatballs
- Many other new and returning favorites
Sip and Savor
The popular Sip and Savor pass returns offering value to those looking to get a big taste of the festival.
Available for any guest to purchase the lanyard includes six coupons, redeemable for select food and nonalcoholic beverages at participating Lunar New Year Marketplace kiosks and dining locations.
Festival Marketplace kiosks
The four booths returning this year are:
- Longevity Noodle Co.
- Lucky 8 Lantern
- Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Red Dragon Spice Traders
More to Eat
Find additional fare celebrating the holiday at:
- Paradise Garden Grill features dishes including:
- Pork Banh Mi; grilled pork belly with pickled daikon, carrots, cucumber, jalapeno, cilantro and seasoned mayonnaise on a crispy baguette
- Plant-based spicy Kung Pao tofu with zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, red peppers, peanuts and fried rice, garnished with garlic chips
- Tiger milk tea (nonalcoholic) with brown sugar boba
- Festival Food and Beverage Cart
- Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Cappuccino Cart
New Lunar New Year merchandise inspired by different cultures of East Asia will be available for purchase. This year, guests will find commemorative a Spirit Jersey, tumbler. and more.
More to Explore
- Complimentary arts and crafts. One area features a complimentary crafts including dragon’s pearl coloring craft and Chinese calligraphy with local artisans.
- A Lucky Wishing Wall, located in Paradise Gardens, is where guests may write down wishes and tie them to the wall in hopes for a prosperous future.
- Inspiring Lunar New Year décor symbolizes good luck, fortune and happiness in bold red and brilliant gold. Guests will see ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese
- Decor includes educational art walls that provide guests with information about the festival, including fun details such as “What Year Are You?” as well as the unique story of Lunar New Year in each culture that celebrates the sun and moon festival.
Stay and Play
In addition, the Disneyland Resort is offering special hotel offers during the Lunar New Year celebration!
See it for Yourself
Lunar New Year celebrations takes place at Disney California Adventure from January 21 – February 13, 2022.