The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will see a massive undertaking come to fruition summer 2022 with revamped rooms and an expansion to the property’s offerings.
Enhancements include approximately 200 units of proposed resort studios, a Disney Vacation Club room type unique to the villas at the resort, and newly refurbished deluxe studios, one- and two-bedroom villas, and three-bedroom grand villas.
Below is an in-depth look courtesy of Disney.
- The proposed conversion will bring resort studios to The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa with approximately 200 units.
- Sleeps up to five guests with two queen-size beds and a day bed.
- Resort studios will feature quartz countertops, ornate crown molding, and luxury patterned tile.
- Resort studios also feature a flat-screen TV, a beverage center with a beverage cooler and coffee maker, and a gleaming bathroom with marble tile floors and a combo bath/shower.
- Accommodates up to five guests, and includes an innovative new pull-down queen-size bed that tucks away seamlessly into the wall, as well as a queen-size bed and a charming pull-down bunk-size bed – perfect for little ones.
- The convenience of a full split bathroom that features granite countertops, beveled tile walls, mosaic marble tile floors, and separate private areas, with a shower and sink in one, and a tub in the other.
- Deluxe studios are outfitted in luxurious new textiles throughout, and come complete with a kitchenette, which includes a wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, and a flat-panel TV.
Multi-Room Grand Villas
Each of these accommodations contains touches of Disney magic. Charming accents in the rooms include Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Victorian-themed silhouettes and other artwork featuring Mary Poppins and Dumbo. Members and guests can enjoy relaxing porch or balcony settings designed with porcelain tile floors.
One- and Two- Bedroom Villas
- Spacious one- or two-bedroom villas include full kitchens and large living areas, designed with the finest Victorian touches as well as modern conveniences – like stainless steel appliances, a farmhouse sink, granite countertops, seeded glass door cabinets, a washer and dryer, and more.
- Living rooms and bedrooms will be outfitted in luxurious new textiles. A one-bedroom villa sleeps up to five, with a king-size bed, pull-down queen-size bed, and a pull-down bunk-size bed.
Two- Bedroom Villas
- A two-bedroom villa sleeps up to nine, with a king-size bed, two queen-size beds, a pull down queen-size bed, and a pull-down bunk-size bed.
- Each primary bedroom features decorative molding on the ceiling and headboards, and each full bathroom has a freestanding bubble-jet bathtub and a walk-in rain shower with beveled tile walls.
Three- Bedroom Villas
- The three-bedroom grand villa includes all of the amenities of the two-bedroom villas, and sleeps up to 12 guests.
- Three-bedroom grand villas feature a spacious dining area, and a lavish living room with a large, flat-panel TV, home theater system, and an additional queen-size sleeper sofa.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa delivers the charm and splendor of the Victorian era coupled with fun, classic Disney touches to provide the family vacation style that only Disney Vacation Club can provide.
- Entering the lobby of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney Vacation Club Members notice a Mary Poppins-themed fountain that features the film’s iconic animated penguins, cast in antique bronze.
- Towering above, gleaming five-tier chandeliers add to the atrium’s elegant appeal, as etched bronze elevator doors appear just ahead, ready to transport members to their home amid the magic.
- Covered walkways and rose bed-studded paths lead to the main lobby of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, nestled amid the resort’s stately grounds, manicured gardens, and exquisitely detailed architecture.
- Pristine clapboard siding in a softer-than-white shade connects each turret and tower, while dormer windows and cupolas peek out from striking red rooflines.
- Details like exposed gable trusses and hand-sawed gingerbread trim make each porch, gazebo, and verandah an inviting sight to admire.
Guests staying at the property can enjoy any of the following delectable dining options at the nearby Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa:
- Citricos – Surrounded by the turn-of-the-century splendor of the resort, the spacious restaurant is an unexpected pleasure — sun-drenched Provençal colors, an open-air kitchen and a personality all its own. The food is light and emphasizes local Floridian flavors and fresh herbs. Every menu offering is accompanied by a suggested wine from
- the restaurant’s extensive wine list.
- Narcoossee’s – Savor superb seafood, steak and more in this waterfront hideaway with spectacular views of Seven Seas Lagoon. Experience the fireworks of Magic Kingdom Park and the Electrical Water Pageant from the waterfront verandah.
- The Grand Floridian Café – Drink in delightful views of the gardens and courtyard pool as inspired dinner favorites are served. Open for breakfast, lunch or an impromptu dinner, the Grand Floridian Cafe is a hidden gem that offers casual American dining in an atmosphere teeming with Victorian charm.
- Gasparilla Island Grill – At this quick-service restaurant, enjoy signature specialty items, pastries, salads, grilled chicken sandwiches, flatbreads, hamburgers and more. Available 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Private Dining (Room Service) – Room service is available from 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Disney Vacation Club Members staying at the villas are steps away from an abundance of recreational opportunities at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Some fun and relaxing activities include:
- Beach Pool – Located steps from the white-sand shore of Seven Seas Lagoon, where you can breeze down the 181-foot-long waterslide as it curves down the stone like cliffs, zips past trees, and slips under a walking bridge before plunging into the pool.
- Alice In Wonderland-themed water play area – Found just beyond the gates of Beach Pool, featuring a towering teapot’s spout, filling several teacups and even the Mad Hatter’s hat with water, as it begins to tip and splash all who’ve curiously wandered beneath it.
- Courtyard Pool – Enjoy a serene environment at this zero-entry leisure pool, located behind the main building. The pool also includes am adjacent whirlpool spa. Poolside Cabanas – Indulge in a private cabana, adjacent to the shore of Seven Seas Lagoon.
- Movies Under the Stars – Watch favorite Disney films at outside movie screenings. Fishing – Experience bass fishing at its finest with a guided excursion. Arcadia Games – Delight in both classic and contemporary arcade games.
- Water and Sporting Activities – Explore Seven Seas Lagoon aboard a Pontoon boat rental. Have a bit of friendly sporting competition and fun on the sports court with a half basketball court, hopscotch court, and four-square court.