The fascinating ‘Inside the Walt Disney Archives‘ is ending its Santa Ana, CA run on June 20, 2021 but it’s not glowing away! The traveling exhibit, which first premiered at the D23 Expo Japan in 2018, will find its new home at the Graceland Exhibition Center from July 23, 2021 – January 2, 2022!
The 10,000-square-foot exhibit celebrates five decades of cinematic history from the house of Mouse. The collection boasts more than 450 objects, including original artwork, costumes, and props that tell the story of the Archives, The Walt Disney Company, and Walt Disney, and even newer acquisitions from 20th Century Studios.
What’s inside!? We visited the exhibit at the Bowers Museum when it opened last year, check out our coverage below.
In addition to the exhibit, the Graceland Exhibition Center will also host family-friendly programming and presentations including:
- Disney Trivia Nights
- A Haunted Mansion Zoom panel with evening tours of the Disney exhibit and the Graceland Mansion
- Exhibit Tour + Dive In Dinner & Movie Screening of The Lion King at the Guest House at Graceland Pool
- Halloween costume party at the exhibit with a costume parade, candy stations, face painters and craft stations
- Exhibit Tours & Tea Parties
- A Princess and Pirate party with crafts, trivia, bounce house and games. Costumes encouraged!
- Walt Disney’s Birthday Celebration Weekend
- A The Princess and The Frog screening and Zoom panel with Disney animators/filmmakers
Self-Guided Exhibit Tickets and more information visit the official site.
- Adults (11+) – $15
- Children (5-10) – $8
- Children 4 and under – Free
- Groups of 15+ – Receive 10% off
- Gold Members of D23 – Receive 20% off
VIP Tickets, Passport tickets, and Special Event tickets also available.
See it for Yourself
Inside the Walt Disney Archives‘ is available at the Graceland Exhibition Center from July 23, 2021 – January 2, 2022!