It seems Disneyland Resort’s grand reopening plans might not be as smooth sailing as some might have hoped with news today about the status of the resort. Downtown Disney today detailed new safety procedures for when it reopens on July 9 but details are sparse on approvals for the parks or hotels.
Last week, the Disneyland homepage had been updated to seemingly indicate that, while the parks were still waiting governmental approval, the Downtown Disney District as well as Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel would be set to open as planned.
Today, however, those updates were removed and the hotels and the parks are marked as pending approval. It stands to reason that while Disney might have approval to reopen the hotels, they will not do so without having the parks open, too.
In the meantime, Downtown Disney appears to be moving full steam ahead as originally planned and offered additional details on reopening procedure.
Downtown Disney District hours will be 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., daily. Individual location hours may vary. Below are some important details to know prior to arrival.
- LIMITED PARKING AND ENTRANCES: During this initial phase, guests will be directed to self-park in the Simba lot and enter the Downtown Disney District from the west entrance or walk from Harbor Blvd. on the east entrance
- TEMPERATURE SCREENINGS PRIOR TO ENTRY: Guests with temperatures 100.4 F or above will not be allowed entry, nor will those in their party
- ENHANCED CLEANING PROCEDURES: Increased focus on cleaning and sanitation, including the addition of hand sanitizer and hand washing stations in key areas
- FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED: Guests, cast members and operating participant employees will be required to wear an appropriate face covering. Guests must bring their own face coverings.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING AND CAPACITY MEASURES: Ground markings and physical barriers will help promote physical distancing
- OPERATIONAL CHANGES: Operating hours of each location may vary. Cashless payment is recommended.
Reflecting the uncertainty of the times with continued questions about the the safety of reopening during the ongoing pandemic, Disney is also issuing the following warning for all guests visiting the Disneyland Resort.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other Guests and Cast Members—and we ask that you follow all posted instructions while visiting the Disneyland Resort.
However, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 currently exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting the Disneyland Resort, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
See it for Yourself
Disneyland Resort phased re-opening begins July 9, 2020 with Downtown Disney.
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel are currently expected to reopen July 23, 2020.
Pending governmental approval, Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park are expected to open July 17, 2020.
MORE INFO: Disneyland Resort Experience Updates