The Mickey Mouse Penthouse is the best place for anybody who’s looking to feel like the big cheese. Blending modern contemporary flare with the shapes and colors evocative of Mickey Mouse, this is absolutely the ultimate Mouse pad.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Please be aware the content on this page is re-posted from 2011 so details and information may no longer be accurate.
Living up to its name, the Mickey Mouse Penthouse takes its design queues from the big cheese himself and features stylized contemporary decor in bold “Mickey” colors of black, white, red, and yellow. Classic Mickey Mouse imagery and three-dimensional artwork can be found throughout the entire penthouse.
When you enter the suite, Mickey Mouse himself appears magically inside of the foyer’s magic mirror to welcome you to the penthouse.
Living Room Area
Image is © Disney. All rights reserved.
Hardwood floors and colorful area rugs accent the living room while a built-in media wall is the focal point featuring a flat screen television and state-of-the-art home theater system with surround sound.
A giant impression of Mickey Mouse fills the ceiling, as glowing lights enhance the mood of the room. The formal dining area seats eight guests.
Images above © Disney. All rights reserved.
The Master Bedroom takes on a much more refined appearance and includes a king size bed, a flat panel television, DVD player, and is decorated with various animation maquettes of Mickey Mouse. These are some of the tributes in the penthouse to Disney animation.
The Master Bath includes a steam shower, Jacuzzi tub and a double vanity with a built-in television in the mirror. A bit of Disney magic happens here too only when the warm water of the shower hits the special glass tiles does the familiar silhouette of Mickey Mouse appear.
The second bedroom, the “kid’s room” is much more playful in theme and doubles as a playroom with colorful curves, a round bed, and a vintage interactive animator’s desk. This bedroom also features a stylized built-in armoire with a flat panel television, DVD player, and video games.
- Concierge Services are available.
- Two bedrooms including Master Bedroom
- Two and a half bathrooms including Master Bathroom
- Chromo-Therapy Jacuzzi Tub
- Steam Shower
- Wet bar with Mini-refrigerator
- Dining area for eight
- Internet access
- Iron and Ironing Board
- In-room Safe
- Phone with voicemail
- Cribs and roll-aways available upon request.
- Number of Guests: 6
- Room Size: 1,600 sq. ft.
- Cost: Between $2,500 and $3,500
- View: Disneyland Resort
- Check In / Check Out: 3:00 PM / 11:00 AM
- Room Service: 5am – 1am
- Available for DVC: No
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Suite Layout:
- The Mickey Mouse Penthouse opened December 1, 2006.
- The suite was originally introduced as a prize for the Year of a Million Dreams promotion. Lucky winners could spend a night in the penthouse.
- The penthouse became a regular book-able room shortly after the Disneyland Dream Suite opened above Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and became the new hotel-stay prize for the Year of a Million Dreams promotion.
Concept Art © Disney. All rights reserved.
But Wait, There’s More
Even More Pictures
For even more pictures inside the Disneyland Hotel Big Thunder Suite, visit our gallery to see images that didn’t make the cut for this article!
Other Disneyland Hotel Suites
- DETAILS: Inside the Disneyland Hotel Pirates of the Caribbean Suite at Disneyland Resort | #MIrewind
- DETAILS: Inside the Disneyland Hotel Big Thunder Suite at Disneyland Resort | #MIrewind
MouseInfo.com has been around since May 2000 and in that time the web space has evolved dramatically. From our MouseInfo MIBOARDS forums to our info wiki and everything inbetween, there’s been A LOT of change over the years. What has always remained consistent, however, is that we constantly strive to deliver you the best info about the mouse. The #MIrewind series is our attempt to bring back some of our best and favorite content posted over the years that’s been lost as we’ve continued to evolve and grow our website.