Perhaps in the interest of driving more sales at a formerly quiet corner of Disney California Adventure, Disney opted to turn the Alfresco Tasting Terrace into an Annual Passholder exclusive location starting this past Sunday.
The location is first come first serve for any Annual Passholder that has entered the park and while their guests don’t need to have an Annual Pass, they do still need valid park admission.
The debut of the location as an AP-exclusive lounge came with five new drinks paying tribute to the park’s history. The Sunshine Plaza Signature Cocktails at the location include:
- Fun Wheel ($14) Spiced Rum, Blue Curaçao, Premium Vodka, Pineapple Juice
- The Stinger ($15) Pineapple-Jalapeño Tequila, Orange Liqueur and House-made Orange-Habañero Simple Syrup
- Drop In… If you Dare ($17) Gin, Elderflower Liqueur, fresh Lemon Juice, and Maraschino Cherry Mix
- Specialty Manhattan ($16) Bourbon, Pinot Noir and House-made Simple Syrup, garnished with a Charred Cinnamon Stick
- 5… 4… 3… 2… 1 ($15) Spiced Rum, Blue Curaçao, House-made Simple Syrup, fresh Lime Juice, and a Tropical Juice Blend
The menu remains otherwise unchanged with the same assortment of appetizers, wines, and cocktails.
This past Sunday was the first day of the changeover and already we saw Disney adjusting expectations for the new location. The space in front of the Blue Sky Cellar was used as a waiting area for guests wanting to go up to the small terrace.
However, demand outgrew the space and so a queue was formed along side the Blue Sky Cellar effectively creating a pre-show of sorts for the new lounge.
There is no time limit for guests once inside the Alfresco Tasting Terrace so Cast Members are unable to give an estimated wait time for the length of line.
If you are looking for a way to help support the site so we can continue to bring you more info about the mouse, feel free to browse our TeePublic Store! Aside from tees and apparel, you can also find stickers, phone laptop cases, mugs, and more!
SHOP NOW: Find more designs and products at our store: mouseinfo.com/tees.