Disneyland Resort President Josh D’Amaro teased this morning the official announcement of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway coming to Mickey’s Toon Town!
The same attraction is already set to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in spring 2020 but will now also be coming to Disneyland in 2022. The ride will be identical to its Florida cousin, except for its entrance facade which will be uniquely designed to fit into Mickey’s Toontown.
This first major Mickey-themed ride-through attraction at Disneyland park will put you inside the wacky and unpredictable world of a Mickey Mouse cartoon short where anything can happen! Once you step into the cartoon world of Mickey & Minnie, you’ll board a train with Goofy as the engineer. Then, one magical moment after the next leads you to a zany, out-of-control adventure filled with surprising twists and turns.
What to Expect
Here’s a few more details about Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway:
- Based on the style of new Mickey Mouse shorts
- Mickey Shorts crew are working on this project for consistency. Art Director Joseph Holt, Composer Chris Willis, and Executive Producer / Supervising Director Paul Ruddish.
- You are the star of your own fish out of water story in a Mickey Mouse Cartoon Short.
- The attraction starts with a new short with Mickey and Minnie on a picnic. They encounter Goofy and a special moment will bring guests into mix.
- Will feature 2.5 D visuals, no 3D glasses required
- New original singable theme song and custom score
- More Hidden Mickeys to be included than any other attraction ever
- The attraction expands into backstage areas behind the current Toontown footprint
Here’s the Disney Parks Blog post announcing the news.
See it for Yourself
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland is expected to open 2022. An exact opening date has not yet been released.