Just in time to celebrate INCREDIBLES 2, a new float has debuted in the PAINT THE NIGHT Parade and it’s all about the Incredibles!
Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone showcase their super skills as they take on their latest threat, The Underminer. Mr. and Mrs. Incredibles’ teen daughter Violet, along with their sons Dash and Jack-Jack, also showcase their unique powers in surprising new ways, as shown through dynamic and innovative visual technology. Like other elements in this spectacular parade, the new float comes to life through a series of dazzling LED lights, new music elements and more.
PAINT THE NIGHT recently returned to the Disneyland Resort for Pixar Fest, the limited-time celebration of friendship and beyond, running now through Sept. 3, 2018. PAINT THE NIGHT parade is currently making its way through Disney California Adventure Park with more than 1 million brilliant lights, high-energy music and cutting edge special effects featuring many beloved Disney and Pixar pals.
Behind the Scenes
Check out these great pictures sent to us by our friends at Daps Magic!
- The dynamic and colorful new float connects both “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2,” picking up where the first film left off and portraying the scene that shows the Parr family banding together against the supervillain known as “The Underminer.”
- Violet Parr uses her super powers to surround herself with a “force field.” It comes to life through a custom-built persistence-of-vision (POV) globe – the first and largest ever to be installed on a Disney parade float.
- Incredible and Mrs. Incredible, along with their pal Frozone, light up the night in new super suits. The suits were installed and wired by hand and are fully programmable to be in sync with the music and the float lighting.
- The super suits, designed by eccentric fashion designer Edna Mode, are illuminated with nearly 100 sheets of flexible, miniature LEDs. This is the first time these light-up suits are being worn by any Disney or Pixar character.
- The chest logos on the Incredibles’ glowing super suits are made up of 60 individually programmable LEDs.
By the Numbers
- The Incredibles float is 11 feet wide, 18 feet tall, and 30 feet long.
- The 13 buildings on the float are created with 123 individual LED panels – only two of which are exactly the same size and shape.
- Frozone stands nearly 12 feet off the ground on his very own ice trail.
- Dash’s super-human speed is captured through an innovative system of 64 individually lit frames, flashing as he races in circles around the float.
- Guests need to keep an eye out for Jack-Jack, as he uses several of his super powers to pop in and out of four different places on the float.
- The “art wall” around the rear of the float uses 150 fixtures, all exactly nine inches apart, to create the “sine wave” curve effect.
- The penthouse floor of one of the buildings has 112 individual windows, each with its own miniature LED light source.
- Nearly 200 individually programmable lights are embedded in the buildings, The Underminer’s drill and Frozone’s ice trail. Custom red lights act as miniature aircraft warning lights on several of the rooftops.
Paint the Night Dining Packages
If you’d prefer to skip the stress of securing a spot you can always enjoy a dining package!
PAINT THE NIGHT Parade Dining Packages
At Wine Country Trattoria: Enjoy a three-course meal and get vouchers for reserved parade viewing.
- Starting at $38 for adults;
- $21 for children (ages 3 to 9)
- Starting at $49 for adults;
- $25 for children (ages 3 to 9)
At Carthay Circle Restaurant: Enjoy a four-course meal and get vouchers for reserved parade viewing.
- Starting at $99 for adults
- $45 for children (ages 3 to 9)
MORE INFO: “Paint the Night” Parade Dining Packages
PAINT THE NIGHT Parade Reception
At Sonoma Terrace: Parade viewing from reserved seating at Sonoma Terrace with a charcuterie and desserts served plus wine, beer and other non-alcoholic beverages. It also includes box of tasty truffles!
- $79 per person (tax and gratuity included)
See it for Yourself
Pixar Fest is a massive celebration taking place now at the Disneyland Resort through September 3, 2018.