Starting today, Walt Disney World is trying a new angle… going pet friendly. The new pilot program launched today at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and allows guests up to two dogs per room.
The per night/per room pet-cleaning rates are:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
In addition to easy access to outdoor pet exercise areas and pet relief areas, there will be plenty of Disney amenities and special touches to make your four-legged friends feel right at home:
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads, and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger so that hotel staff will know that your pooch needs some privacy.
- Day care and other pet services are offered nearby at Best Friends, an on-property, full-service pet care facility (fees apply).
- Coming soon—select pet merch at the four resort properties.
Disney expects that dogs staying in a Disney resort guest room to be well-behaved, leashed in resort public areas, and properly vaccinated. To find out more about this new dog-friendly trial program, contact 407 W-DISNEY or visit the Disney Parks Blog.
Are you excited for this change?