Disney Store announced the new collections and Limited Edition sets to launch at this year’s D23 Expo 2017, Disney’s ultimate fan event. The never-before-seen collections celebrate milestone anniversaries and everyone’s favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars characters.
D23 Expo 2017 attendees will be introduced to the new Disney Designer Collection and get a first look at the newest collections debuting at this year’s event, including exclusive Disney Store pieces from Her Universe, the Art of Snow White collection, MXYZ Vinyl Mini Blind Box Collectibles, and, for the first time ever, a D23 Expo Marvel collection from Disney Store.
In addition to the chance to shop special products not yet available to the general public, fans will have the opportunity to meet some of the artists and designers who created these exciting new collections.
Disney Designer Collection Highlights:
- Disney Designer Collection: Formerly known as the Disney Fairytale Designer Collection, the Disney Designer Collection takes the classic assortment beyond the fairytale to tell the iconic stories of Disney’s legacy of film history and introduces three series: Fairytale Series, Folktale Series, and Pixar Animation Studios Series. At the event, Guests will have the opportunity to purchase three of the new Limited Edition dolls:
- Fairytale Series: Pinocchio (limited to an edition size of 1,023)
- Folktale Series: Mulan (limited to an edition size of 523)
- Pixar Animation Studios Series: The Incredibles (limited to an edition size of 1,023)
Guests at the event also will have the opportunity to preview and pre-purchase a set of the five Limited Edition dolls releasing at Disney Store locations and DisneyStore.com September – November (each limited to an edition size of 6,000):
- Fairytale Series: The Little Mermaid, Tangled, Robin Hood
- Folktale Series: Moana, One Hundred and One Dalmatians
- Disney•Pixar: In partnership with John Lasseter and the Pixar Animation Studios team, the Disney Store shop at D23 Expo 2017 will offer a special collection featuring some favorite Pixar characters.
- MXYZ Vinyl Mini Blind Box Collectibles: The newest vinyl blind box collection features eight iconic characters in the Disney Store MXYZ art style—perfect for collecting and trading. Retailing at $5 each, the mini-sized characters come with a key chain attachment to add a pop of fun and personalize accessories, bags, and more.
- Star Wars: Fans won’t have to go to a galaxy far, far away to find an expansive assortment of Star Wars merchandise at D23 Expo 2017. The Disney Store shop will feature Star Wars apparel, accessories, drinkware, and, of course, collectibles. Notable highlights of the assortment are the Limited Edition Star Wars Elite Series Premium Action Figures, featuring iconic Hero and Villain duos: Princess Leia and Darth Vader; Rey and Kylo Ren; and Jyn Erso and Director Orson Krennic. Each duo retails for $79.95 and is limited to an edition size of 1,000.
- Milestone Anniversaries: Disney Store will celebrate three milestone anniversaries at D23 Expo 2017: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit’s 90th, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ 80th, and Bambi’s 75th. Each anniversary will be celebrated with a special assortment.
- Disney Tsum Tsum: Disney Tsum Tsum fans will be delighted with a new Limited Edition set released each day. Each unique set will bring Guests’ favorite characters and stories to life through adorable mini and micro Tsum Tsums.
- Minnie Mouse Signature Collection: The next product installment of the beloved fashionista Minnie Mouse features a collection of apparel, accessories, and a Limited Edition doll of Minnie, stylish as always.
- Marvel: For the first time ever, Disney Store will offer a Marvel collection at D23 Expo. The assortment includes Limited Edition collectibles, including a pin set, lithograph set, and ornament set.
- Her Universe: Ashley Eckstein, founder of Her Universe, created exclusive pieces for Disney Store that will be available for the first time at D23 Expo 2017. The never-before-seen products are featured within the Minnie Signature, Star Wars, Pixar, and Marvel collections.
The product designers and artists will be available for autograph signings following their respective panels at the Oh My Disney stage, exclusively for Guests who purchase select products from the Disney Store shop at D23 Expo 2017:
Friday, July 14
Jessica Fuchs and Steve Thompson, Disney Folktale Series Artists
- 4:30 p.m. – Interview at Oh My Disney Stage
- 5 p.m. – Product signing
Saturday, July 15
Jessica Fuchs and Steve Thompson, Art of Snow White Artists
- 5 p.m. – Interview at Oh My Disney Stage
- 5:30 p.m. – Product signing
Disney Store will offer a limited quantity of StorePass tickets per day in an effort to minimize wait times for our Guests who wish to shop. StorePass tickets will be available beginning at 9 a.m. each day at the StorePass desk located adjacent to the StagePass distribution area in Hall A. The StorePass will provide Guests with a shopping experience timeslot, between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Guests can visit the Things to Know page at D23expo.com for more details.
The Disney Store shop at D23 Expo 2017 comprises more than 5,000 sq. ft. of retail space and is located directly across from the Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) Pavilion.
Disney Books in the DCPI Pavilion
Fans and collectors will be able to purchase the latest bestselling books and D23 Expo-exclusive titles in the DCPI Pavilion and the Disney Dream Store. After experiencing Disney Publishing Worldwide’s series of panels and presentations, Guests can bring home Disney’s featured Disney Editions and Disney books that celebrate the artistry, history, and legacy of The Walt Disney Company.
In addition, the DCPI Pavilion will also be home to select titles available for purchase only to D23 Expo 2017 Guests before they go on sale to the public this summer, including:
- A Kiss Goodnight (Richard Sherman, Floyd Norman On sale August 22, 2017
- Ink & Paint: The Women of Walt Disney’s Animation (Mindy Johnson) On sale September 5, 2017
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Search for the Lost Disney Cartoons (Dave Bossert) On sale August 29, 2017
- Art of Coloring: Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas On sale July 18, 2017
- Alex Hirsch, Rob Renzetti, Stephanie Ramirez (Gravity Falls: Journal 3)12:30 – 1:45 p.m. Talent Central
- Daron Nefcy, Dominic Bisignano (Star vs. The Forces of Evil: Star and Marco’s Guide to Mastering Every Dimension) 12:30– 1:45 p.m.Talent Central
- Pam Brandon (Delicious Disney)3:45 – 4:45 p.m.Disney Dream Store
- Michael Singer (Disney Pirates: The Definitive Collector’s Anthology)5:30 – 7 p.m.Talent Central
- Mindy Johnson (Ink & Paint: The Women of Walt Disney’s Animation)6 – 7 p.m.Disney Dream Store
Saturday, July 15
- Pam Brandon (Delicious Disney)1:15 – 2:15 p.m.Disney Dream Store
- Ridley Pearson (Kingdom Keepers) 4:15– 5:15 p.m.Talent Central
- Victoria Saxon (Poster Art of Cars)4:15 – 5:15 p.m.Talent Central
- Dave Smith (Disney Facts Revealed)6 – 7 p.m.Talent Central
Sunday, July 16
- Dave Smith (Disney Facts Revealed)10 – 11 a.m.Talent Central
- Dave Bossert (Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Search for the Lost Disney Cartoons)1 – 2 p.m.Talent Central
- Marty Sklar, Vanessa Hunt (Maps of the Disney Parks)1:30 – 2:30 p.m.Talent Central
- Floyd Norman (A Kiss Goodnight)2:30 – 3:30 p.m.Talent Central
Talent will only be signing titles purchased at D23 Expo 2017. Proof of purchase will be required. Presentations, locations, and talent and artist signings are subject to change.
See it for Yourself
Tickets for D23 Expo 2017 are available for $81 for one-day adult admission and $59 for children 3–9. Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $72 for a one-day adult admission and $53 for children 3–9. Multi-day tickets are also available. Saturday date are already sold out for 1-day ticket options. For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2017, visit D23expo.com.
D23 Expo 2017 takes place this year at the Anaheim Convention Center from July 14-16, 2017.