Although a specific date has not yet been given, the Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America will be returning to service this summer following downtime to accommodate construction of the new Star Wars themed land.
The rivers will feature a new shorter route than before but will also feature some new goodies. Disney teased a few tidbits about the return of this classic Disneyland area:
- Columbia Gorge is a new visual inspiration on the river joining current themed sections for Mississippi, Columbia, Missouri and Rio Grande rivers.
- New large waterfall features are coming harkening back to days of Big Thunder River Waterfall and Twin Sisters Waterfall. Cascade Peak anyone?
- The Indian Village, now in a new location, will include a more prominently featured Shaman, seen telling the story of how the hummingbird taught the Indian chief to make a flute.
- Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia, and Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes are all returning to service on the river.
- Disneyland Railroad also features in here as it will travel across the rocks on a trestle that will even extend onto the river. For the first time ever, the Disneyland Railroad will be making a left-hand turn as it circles the park. PLOT TWIST!
- Plus more “throwbacks to Frontierland’s past.”