Disney offered a pretty extensive sneak peek inside the queue for the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT attraction that’s set to open officially this Friday.
Taking the former Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and turning into an attraction based off the Marvel box office smash hit franchise, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT takes place in the new Tivan Collection building owned by the character known as the Collector who was portrayed by actor Benicio Del Toro. Guests are invited to help Rocket Racoon help break out the Guardians who have been captured inside the creepy museum of the weird.
Some of the items on display which we get a peek at include Cosmo the Spacedog, various Kree artifacts, Warlock’s Eye, and more.
Summer of Heroes
SUMMER OF HEROES will launch new, year-round experiences:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Don’t be surprised if you run into the Guardians of the Galaxy on their way to the Milano, with Star-Lord firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!
- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! You can also step up to meet the First Avenger, Captain America, along with everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
And for a limited time, step up to the challenge with these new adventures during Summer of Heroes:
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – All that heroism making you hungry? Want a token as proof of your adventures when you get home? Special themed merchandise and food will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
See it for Yourself!
The Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! launches as part of the SUMMER OF HEROES which takes over Disney California Adventure from May 27 – September 10, 2017.