This evening, lucky Disney Parks Blog readers were invited to an advanced screening of the upcoming GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. In addition to the screening, there was a Soundtrack release party in Downtown Disney which included live appearances by Sean Gunn and YouTuber D-Trix.
As a special surprise, the meet n greet characters of Star Lord and Gamora made an appearance for a big group photo. The two Guardians characters will be on hand at Disney California Adventure as part of the upcoming SUMMER OF HEROES marketing campaign which kicks off the grand opening of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT.
After the group picture, Sean Gunn did a brief question and answer for the audience, and then we learned how to move like GROOT! DJ D-Trix showed us some moves, and explained the challenge.
Marvel and the Disney Conservation Fund joined forces to launch the Groot Dance Bomb Challenge. The rules are quite simple and have an eco-friendly twist. Take any of the following actions and Marvel will donate $1 to The Nature Conservancy to plant a tree.
- Post on Instagram or Twitter using #GrootDanceBomb. Marvel is encouraging these videos to feature fans showing off their Groot-like dance moves, but it looks like any related post will count for a donation.
- “Like” or share the official YouTube video that promotes the challenge.
- “Like” or share the same video that’s posted on Marvel’s official Facebook page.
Attendees received one final surprise when they were given a copy of the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK…Which doesn’t officially come out until tomorrow!
Summer of Heroes
SUMMER OF HEROES will launch new, year-round experiences:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Don’t be surprised if you run into the Guardians of the Galaxy on their way to the Milano, with Star-Lord firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!
- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! You can also step up to meet the First Avenger, Captain America, along with everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
And for a limited time, step up to the challenge with these new adventures during Summer of Heroes:
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – All that heroism making you hungry? Want a token as proof of your adventures when you get home? Special themed merchandise and food will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
See it for Yourself!
The Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! launches as part of the SUMMER OF HEROES which takes over Disney California Adventure from May 27 – September 10, 2017.