In a press release re-affirming their previously announced Summer of Heroes marketing campaign, Disney confirmed that other summer activities include the return of Fantasmic! which will be enhanced with new scenes and features.
Guests will find Mickey Mouse in more scenes than ever before, and they’ll discover new roles for Genie from “Aladdin,” “Rapunzel,” “The Lion King” and “Pirates of the Caribbean.” Rumors abound for changes to the show including Rapunzel replacing Snow White in the iconic princess segment and Jack Sparrow and crew replacing Peter Pan aboard the Sailing Ship Columbia.
Fantasmic! is not even the main course of this summer’s offerings though, with the grand opening of the Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT attraction just a month away, the whole resort is getting ready for a whole lot of super hero action. Here’s a list of everything coming this summer…
In Disney California Adventure
Guests will enjoy some of the Super Hero experiences year-round:
- Super Hero Encounters: For the first time, citizens of Terra (Earth) will come face-to-face with Groot. They also may encounter the First Avenger, Captain America, and everyone’s favorite web slinger, the friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man.
- “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!”: Star-Lord fires up his old-school boom box to get a party started. Everyone, including tree-of-few-words Groot, is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash.
For a limited time (May 27 through Sept. 10), some new adventures will be exclusive to Summer of Heroes:
- “Avengers Training Initiative”: Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow: Black Widow arrives on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action: Special themed merchandise, plus food and beverage items, will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
Another new, year-round show is fun for all ages:
- “Disney Junior Dance Party”: Debuting Friday, May 26, this fun concert experience invites adults and kids to dance and sing along to the music. Popular Disney Junior characters from Disney Junior TV shows “Doc McStuffins,” “Sofia the First” and “The Lion Guard” are joined by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse from the new series “Mickey and the Roadster Racers.”
Along with the Main Street Electrical Parade, some classic guest favorites have been enhanced and are set to return in Summer 2017. Dates will be available soon at Disneyland.com.
- The summer months offer a last chance to view the lights, music and fun of the beloved Main Street Electrical Parade. Nightly performances through Aug. 20 feature favorites like Cinderella’s ball, Elliot, the smoke-breathing, tail-waggin “Pete’s Dragon” and the glittering “To Honor America” finale.
- The popular nighttime spectacular “Fantasmic!” is set to re-open this summer on the Rivers of America, enhanced with new scenes and features. Guests will find Mickey Mouse in more scenes than ever before, and they’ll discover new roles for Genie from “Aladdin,” “Rapunzel,” “The Lion King” and “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
- As work continues on a new Star Wars-themed land, set to open in 2019, the iconic Disneyland Railroad is preparing to return this summer to take guests on a tour of the park. They’ll enjoy a new look along the Rivers of America, with a spectacular new vista of a waterfall, rocky cliffs and a dramatic gorge below.
- Also returning later this summer are the Rivers of America attractions: the Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia, Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes and Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island.
- In Tomorrowland, Star Wars and Disney fans will step into out-of-this-galaxy experiences at Star Wars Launch Bay, meeting some Star Wars characters and getting an up-close look at replica props and models from Star Wars movies, including the latest “Rogue One: A Star Wars”