We already know that Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT is on its way bringing the hit Marvel film to a brand new adventure on the former Tower of Terror but today Disney confirmed details that the opening will come with a super-hero sized summer marketing campaign, too.
Summer of Heroes will launch with the opening of the attraction on May 27, 2017 and last through September 10, 2017. It brings with it a whole slew of new, year-round experiences:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Don’t be surprised if you run into the Guardians of the Galaxy on their way to the Milano, with Star-Lord firing up his old-school boom box to get the party started. Gamora may prefer to stand back and observe, but everyone else is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash!
- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, citizens of Earth will come face-to-face with Groot, one of the Guardians of the Galaxy! You can also step up to meet the First Avenger, Captain America, along with everyone’s favorite web slinger, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.
And for a limited time, step up to the challenge with new adventures during Summer of Heroes:
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will arrive on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – All that heroism making you hungry? Want a token as proof of your adventures when you get home? Special themed merchandise and food will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
Disney invites you to #HeroUp at Disney California Adventure park with Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and Summer of Heroes, beginning May 27, 2017!