Finding more ways to capitalize (and perhaps dilute?) the popular Food and Wine offering at Epcot, Disney will soon be kicking off the brand new Epcot International Festival of the Arts.
The new offering aims to combine visual, culinary and performing arts from around the world for six weekends. Held Fridays through Mondays starting Jan. 13 – Feb. 20, 2017, the Festival will feature new art each week, making each weekend original.
Here’s a sample of what’s in store:
- From the pieces of Disney historical artist Mary Blair and Herb Ryman art of Epcot, to current Disney artists Joe Kaminski and Costa Alavezos, guests won’t only be surrounded by incredible visions, they’ll watch the creative process live.
- In the inaugural year of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, a collaboration with Disney Theatrical will bring an exciting new showcase of favorite music and Broadway talent to the America Gardens Theatre stage.
- Over the six weekends of the festival, park Guests will enjoy different pairings of phenomenal Broadway talent in concert, performing songs from some of Disney on Broadway’s award-winning shows, including The Lion King, Newsies, and Aladdin, to name a few.
- New Food Studios will showcase culinary creations so delicious and intricate, guests may not know if the menus are for admiring or eating. Disney chefs will surely encourage guests it’s the latter.
- And there’s more: hands-on experiences for the whole family, favorite Disney characters channeling their favorite artists, and seminars. It’s a colorful, whimsical celebration of a new artful Epcot.