Skipping out of the “parade format” once again this year, Disney Parks are bringing their annual holiday special on Christmas morning with a whole new format for “The Disney Parks’ Magical Christmas Celebration.”
Following a festive kick-off to the holidays that began Thanksgiving Day with two new broadcast specials, Disney Parks will close out 2016 with its most cherished seasonal tradition of all – the annual Christmas Day spectacular.
“Dancing with the Stars,” Julianne Hough and Derek Hough will host the two-hour ABC special with Disneyland correspondent, Good Morning America’s Jesse Palmer who will be taking a look at the traditional parade going down the parade route in-between all the other acts during the special.
A complete list of musical performances is included below.
- Alessia Cara performs a “A Holly Jolly Christmas” from Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort
Mariah Carey performs one of the biggest selling holiday songs of all time, “All I Want for Christmas is You” from the Disneyland Resort
- Sofia Carson delivers a new arrangement of “Silent Night” from her Disney Channel performance and also hosts from backstage at Walt Disney World Resort
- Kelly Clarkson performs “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” in front of Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney World Resort
- Gavin DeGraw sings “Merry Christmas Baby” in front of Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney World Resort
- Jordan Fisher performs “The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)” from Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort
- OneRepublic performs “Kids” from Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort
- Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks deliver in front of Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney World Resort solo and duet performances from their new album, “Christmas Together,” out now
In keeping with the spirit of the season, Disney Parks around the world are festively cast with spectacular experiences and special castle lighting moments, in addition there’s lots of other festivities in store:
- At Magic Kingdom Park, in addition to exciting new entertainment for the special-ticket “Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party,” Cinderella Castle transforms into a shimmering ice palace as Queen Elsa leads “A Frozen Holiday Wish” nightly.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, an all-new “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” sends beloved Disney characters on a mission to get Santa back to the North Pole in time for Christmas Eve.
- At Epcot, in addition to global entertainment, guests can explore what the holidays taste like around the world.
- For its first-ever full holiday celebration, Disney Springs is wrapped in festive décor and entertainment, while dozens of new stores have laid the welcome mat out for holiday shoppers. An all-new nightly spectacle, “Starbright Holidays,” fills the skies above Disney Springs with 300 show drones performing an amazing aerial ballet set to holiday music.
- At Disney California Adventure Park in the Disneyland Resort, a new “Festival of Holidays” treats guests to music, dance, food and heartwarming holiday traditions. The popular World of Color nighttime water spectacular is also transformed into “World of Color – Season of Light” with holiday music and treasured Disney animation.
- Among a sleigh-full of holiday events and activities at Disneyland Park is “A Christmas Fantasy,” a daily parade of floats, music, tin soldiers and holiday cheer. In addition, Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle creates magical snowfall moments along Main Street, U.S.A.
“The Disney Parks’ Magical Christmas Celebration” airs on ABC Television Network (10a.m. – 12 p.m. ET; airtimes vary; check local listings) on Sunday, December 25, 2016. The show will also be available on the ABC and the Disney Channel apps.