As part of the excitement leading up to STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, Disney Park has a ton of new offerings coming under the SEASON OF THE FORCE marketing banner. One of the bigger pieces is the new STAR WARS LAUNCH BAY opening up in the former Innoventions attraction space featuring a slew of options to transport guests to a galaxy far, far away.
From photo opts and character greets to exhibits and galleries, the new STAR WARS LAUNCH BAY will be opening officially on November 16 as part of the lanch of the SEASON OF THE FORCE.
Star Wars Launch Bay: In the heart of Tomorrowland, Star Wars Launch Bay is the central locale for guests to celebrate all things Star Wars. Guests will be welcomed to this multi-sensory space with the iconic phrase, “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.…” Once inside, they may encounter beloved Star Wars characters, play the latest Star Warsinteractive video games, explore galleries full of treasured memorabilia and authentic replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, step into a Star Wars-themed cantina, and have access to Star Wars merchandise.
- Special Character Encounters – After entering a themed atrium with authentic replicas of Star Wars props, guests may Journey to the dark side and come face to face with Darth Vader, or they may choose the light side by stopping in at a makeshift Rebel base to meet the most famous co-pilot in the galaxy, Chewbacca.
- Launch Bay Theater – Guests will hear directly from the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga in a short video that includes exclusive interviews with the directors, writers, producers and other key crew members who continue to bring the saga to life.
- The Cantina – This setting, inspired by the unsavory “hives of scum and villainy” in the Star Wars galaxy, is a fun place to explore and take photos near elements of the cantina, such as a holochess game table.
- Star Wars Game Center – Guests will play the latest and greatest video games, including Disney Infinity 3.0 with park-exclusive Toy Box levels.
- Themed Galleries – Special galleries will be located throughout Star Wars Launch Bay.
- The Dark Side Gallery features pieces of Stormtrooper armor and Sith lightsabers.
- The Light Side Gallery displays rebel flight helmets and Jedi lightsabers.
- Authentic replicas of props and costumes from both the light and dark sides ofStar Wars: The Force Awakenswill appear in the Preview Gallery.
- Models of famous starships and their pilots will be on display in the Starship Gallery.
- Star Wars Launch Bay Cargo – Guests may bring home high-end artifacts and treasures, including signed memorabilia, studio models and personalized D-Tech on Demand mobile device cases.