Ballroom 20 was the place to be on Friday for the Marvel Television panel. Jeph Joeb, Head of Marvel Television, moderated an energy-packed event to promote the upcoming seasons of AGENT CARTER and AGENTS OF SHIELD.
AGENT CARTER panel
- This is the first Comic-Con appearance for James D’Arcey who plays Jarvis on the show.
- James jokingly said he was hesitant about taking the role because he was told he would have to make a souffle, since it’s a delicate process, but then he was told about a little thing called acting.
- Hayley Atwell who plays Peggy Carter, gave nothing but praise towards the writers on the panel, Chris Digness, Tara Buttlers, and Michele Fazekas. Saying you just have to show up and say the lines, all the work is done for you.
- After showing a clip from the show, they announced that the soundtrack from the show will be available this Fall.
- Season Two will be moving its show location to Los Angeles and Hollywood with Peggy helping on famous cases like the Black Dhalia.
- Hayley’s favorite line in the show, “I know my value.” That’s what gives Peggy depth, she is an independent spirit.
- One of the funniest moments is when Hayley was asked about Peggy’s feelings for Steve at the end of Season One, Michelle one of the writers said “Peggy has put Steve to rest in her mind, and she has a couple of new perspectives. “So, shes a whore.”
AGENT CARTER returns for a second season to ABC this Fall.
AGENTS OF SHIELD panel
- Jeph Loeb came onto the stage with a fake hand and then Clark Gregg came on stage and stole it back, with a hand missing.
- Audience was shown blooper reel from the upcoming Season Two Blu-ray out on September 18th.
- Chloe Bennet was asked what her reaction was when she found out Ward (Brett Dalton) was Hydra, Chloe said “I Kissed him!” Ming-Na (Melinda May) said ” I f***ed him!” The entire Ballroom 20 went crazy, even though they told the same story last year.
- Clark Gregg make a little girl’s dream come true with he said that women can do anything (like Peggy Carter) and told her she could run S.H.I.E.L.D one day
- Iain De Caestecker (Leo Fitz) was asked by a young women how he prepared for his role this season with having the brain injury, he said he tries to be respectful, did a lot of research about his injury.
- On May and Grant hooking up: Ming: “We were on the bus, he was there, flexing his muscles…and I had to help him flex. Dalton: “Well, we had a co-pilot, named Jack Daniels.”
AGENTS OF SHIELD returns to ABC on September 29th.