Ryan Murphy has a quite a bit going on. GLEE might have ended but he was at Comic-Con today to talk about two upcoming projects that he has in development to debut this year. American Horror Story Hotel is going to launch the 5th season for the thrill fest and he’s launching Scream Queens, a new series on FOX that can be best summarized as Halloween meets The Heathers.
To help bring some recognizable faces to the conversation there were stars from BOTH shows on hand. American Horror Story was represented by Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Matt Bomer. On stage for Scream Queens was Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, Lea Michele, Skyler Samuels, and Keke Palmer.
Without further adieu… 13 Moments from this horrifically entertaining panel!
- Why haven’t we seen Jamie Lee Curtis (Halloween) here at Comic-Con before? Jamie commented she’s been busy for the past few years “selling yogurt to make you s***!”
- When Ryan Murphy (television screenwriter) fist told Leah Michelle (Glee) about his new show Scream Queens he said, “New show: Jamie Lee Curtis, Emma Roberts, Neck-brace, you in?!” The moderator then asked Leah, “Is the neck-brace comfy?” and she promptly replied “HEEELLLLLL NO!”
- Every day before filming American Horror Story, Kathy Bates (Titanic) would sing the national anthem in a Boston accent to get into character.
- The next season of American Horror Story will be “Hotel” and is a very dark and sexy season featuring Lady Gaga. Kathy will be playing the owner Iris, and Sarah Paulson will be “Hypodermic Sally.”
- Lady Gaga reached out to American Horror Story and said she wanted to be an evil character on the show.Ryan was 100% on board and brought in every designer he knew to make her costumes sensational.
- Sarah Paulson (12 Years a Slave) said the scariest scene she ever filmed was when she got electroshock therapy. To prepare for the role she watched Jack Nicholson in The Who Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
- Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) tapped into her inner-villain for her new role in Scream Queens and says she’s “always wanted to play a bitch!”
- Billie Lourd’s (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) character wears ear muffs a lot throughout the filming, which is a subtle homage to her mother Carrie Fisher and her famous hair buns! The ear muffs also have another purpose, that will be revealed later in the show.
- Matt Bomer (White Collar) is huge fan of horror and is honored to work on the show by hypothetically asking “who wouldn’t want to work with this incredible group of actors?!”
- Will there be a musical episode of Scream Queens? It’s possible, but not very likely. Ryan Murphy feels he’s done that, it’s over, and he’s moving on.
- Everyone on the panel said their favorite scary movie; Jamie Lee Curtis says she doesn’t really like the genre, but if she had to choose, she’d pick Psycho.
- When the casts were asked who their favorite Super Heroes were, Kathy said “that Armenian guy who dances,” referring to Matt Bomer’s XXL co-star Joe Manganiello.
- Skyler Samuels (The Nine Lives of Chloe King) said that the evil clown on set would tell jokes with the cast in between filming so people wouldn’t feel uncomfortable seeing his frightening appearance.