By the end of the year, the newly re-imagined new Pixar Place Hotel will be in its final stages of completion in its transformation from Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
Concept art and details revealed by Disney show some of the updates coming to the 15-story high-rise hotel including completely new decor on the inside and out, a Finding Nemo themed water play area, a robust play court, dining options serviced by Great Maple, and more surprises.
Below is a timeline of completion for the various projects underway for the Pixar Place Hotel.
Over the Next Few Months
- The lobby will continue to evolve and will begin to blend beloved Pixar imagery with the hotel’s contemporary setting
- When the transformation is complete, iconic images from Pixar films will be at the front desk, with characters pictured larger than life in curated artwork
Later This Summer
- A new water play area inspired by Finding Nemo will be added to the pool deck
- See Crush the sea turtle atop a 186-foot-long waterslide, Hank hanging out at the pop-jet splash pad and more
- By night, the pool deck is the ideal spot to take in amazing views of the Disneyland park fireworks, and lounge by cozy character-inspired firepits
- Great Maple is a new restaurant coming, Southern California-based modern American eatery specializing in playful takes on upscale comfort food
- Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner all day, the ground-floor restaurant will be easily accessible to hotel guests, local diners and theme park goers
- Signature dishes include Buttermilk Fried Chicken & Maple Bacon Doughnuts, the Cajun Shrimp & Cheddar Biscuit Benedict, and the Soda Pop-Braised Baby Back Ribs!
- Great Maple will also have a full bar including beer, wine and cocktails.
- Great Maple also offering food and beverage service at the pool, and at a new grab ‘n’ go coffee shop and café near the lobby. They will eventually service the hotel’s upcoming concierge lounge.
Later this year
- A family play court will be added to the deck with activities inspired by Pixar’s famous short films.
- Interactive games and imaginative free play celebrate favorite friends from “La Luna,” “Bao,” “For the Birds,” and “Burrow.”
- Enjoy food and drinks under the love-struck umbrellas from “The Blue Umbrella
- The hotel lobby will feature the Pixar Lamp playfully balancing atop the iconic Pixar ball
- A whimsical, colorful character-inspired mobile will hang above, welcoming guests to the new, reimagined lobby atrium
When complete Pixar Place Hotel will be the only fully Pixar-themed hotel in the United States!
See it for Yourself
Pixar Place Hotel is expected to be fully transformed by early next year. An official date of completion has not yet been announced.